Alarm Manuals

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening All,

I have just moved into a house that has an alarm system fitted, however, the previous owner left no codes or manuals for us. He says he never used it, and can't remember any codes to it.

Will the user manual for the panel have any information on restoring the factory user codes? Or will I need the engineering information aswell? The panel itself is in the hallway. It's very small, about 8 inches wide and about 4.5 inches tall, with a small LCD screen on the left, with two red "!" buttons underneath. The number keypad is to the right. There is also a metal box in the airing cupboard, but there are no markings that I can see?

Thanks for any help!

Steve.

Sponsored Links
You have a DA Systems Abacus (probably a 15 or 72 as you mentioned the metal case) which is not a bad panel at all, so you may aswell hold onto it. As for defaulting, it can be done easilly, but you'd need the manual to help you reprogramme the system after you crash it to default the codes. The abacus is not an easy panel to work on, so I suggest you get a registered installer to take the system over for you. A routine maintainence plan (at least once a year in my opinion) is essential to keep your system in good working order. Like anything, if you neglect it, it will eventually cease to function. The back up batteries will probably need changing too, as I've seen some nasty cases where duff batteries have become a fire risk due to neglect. A registered installer can reprogramme the system for you and give everything a good check over ;)

alarm_guy said:
after you crash it to default the codes.

that is not quite right.

it is possible to default engineer and user codes with out crashing the panel.

Thing is as alarm_guy said you would be better off getting an alarm company to look after it for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back