Alarm recommendations please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Never got round to installing an alarm at my new house and the night before last a break in was attempted. Luckily the recently fitted locks held out.
So after having the much needed kick up the butt I need an alarm asap.
I've been looking at security warehouse but not sure what I need. I'm a competent diyer with some electrical experience so installation shouldn't be a problem it's just which products do I select.
My house is the typical extended 3 bed semi with conservatory on the back. upvc front and side door and there are 3 rooms downstairs and a hallway
I think I will need the following, control panel, remote key pad, 4 pirs, 3 flush mount door contacts and a bell box and of course cable. Would a second bell box to the rear be advisable, my house backs onto another street. I guess products across manufacturers are compatible as the kits on SW seem to be from different manufacturers.
I did pick out a kit from SW http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/...page=product_info&cPath=36_62&products_id=551 whats your thoughts on this I know i will need to add flush door contacts.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
first of all try looking at this, http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/...age=product_info&cPath=36_62&products_id=1461

Same supplier ( as you have quoted this site).
Far better panel IMHO.
You would need to add SURFACE contacts, perhaps when ordering you could ask for a swap. ( worth a try, but dont hold your breath). Just order the SURFACE ones as an extra, you may find a use for the flush ones one a shed or something :D

A dummy box would suffice, if you wanted to add another "live" its easy enough. Just make the 2nd a SCB. Dont worry its all in the instructions.

can you make this one phone out when alarmed? A very beneficial feature IMO

Neither of those will dial out.
I was going with the price range indicated by the OP with his choice.

You can add a dialler though, at extra cost.

A dialler is better than a SMS delivery device as it can take hours for a SMS to be delivered at certain times and the centre numbers can be "pulled" at times. As we have found out over the past few years.

Sponsored Links
Well over 3 years and no problems until last night, 2 false alarms in the early hours. I was on nights and the wife was in on her own so would like sorting asap.
I have read that the back up battery could be a possible cause is this likely?
if so maybe buy a better one that will last longer.

A what system did you install
B what zone false alarmed and what's on that zone for a start!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back