Home Alarm

cant speak for yours, but officialy the listen in part should not work untill the alrm has gone off. but all you will hear is the alarm going off :LOL:
Pro systems have a bell delay for this very reason

Sponsored Links
oh!
I think i will go for the text unit then as it also dials normally so i can do both

thanks again

If you get a stand alone text auto-dialer this will only tell you the alarm has gone off.

You need a dialer integrated into the panel for it to text you which zone(s) have caused the alarm to go off.

if you have the money and know how get a galaxy panel etc.

it has text built i for which zone went off as they go off

Sponsored Links
So does the Texecom premier

Premier vs Galaxy. Hmm haven't we been here before? ;)

i got the texecom disaller but your right i need a panel with a text dialer to get zone infomation and such. As i have just bought my panel i will have to manage with just fire, alarm and set unset etc.

I have turned on the line monitor but nothing happens when i disconnect the telephone line, ive obviously missed something obvious so before i contact support do you have any ideas?

Thanks all

How long did you leave the line disconnected for?

There is often a delay before you get warned, to prevent nuisance warnings / alarms.

What model dialer did you get?

What make of panel did you get in the end?

i went for the pyronix panel kit as it had lcd and then got a texecom text dialler. I have only had the line disconnected for a few seconds i thought it would register straight away. Is there a delay then?

AFAIK the texecom default delay is 60 seconds. I am not sure if you can alter the delay. I will have a traul through their tech pages and let you know.

SOrry for not getting back sooner, it was indeed the delay. Thankyou rf

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back