ALARM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to install an GJD auto-dialler to a Texacom Veritas Alarm System.
What's the view please from the pros out there re. it's location. Should it be out of site for security reasons ? I was thinking next to the panel which is inside a built in-wardrobe upstairs (I can easily run a telephone wire to it, as most of the boards are up with the house being refurbished) or would it be best in the living room next to the telephone point in there? Any ideas/help would be appreciated.

Cheers all.

Sponsored Links
Siting it next to the panel would be the better option in my opinion.

Sponsored Links
If the panel is inside a cupboard upstairs, how convenient is this to set/unset as you walk through the front door?

I'm assuming its an R8? I'd go for hiding the dialer out of the way with the panel. I don't think either the main panel nor the dialer would take much abuse from a hammer yielding burglar.

JohnD said:
If the panel is inside a cupboard upstairs, how convenient is this to set/unset as you walk through the front door?

I expect it has a remote keypad by the door.

My panel is tucked away upstairs, with keypads where required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back