All new electrics certificate advice plse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

having or have had the whole house re wired including a kitchen extension. The property is being completely over hauled so all lights and sockets are new and the fuse board etc (everything)....... the guy signed it off lastnight after running some tests but I think he missed out 3 lights on the number of lights listed on the certificate.
The 3 lights are spotlights on a vanity/sink unit in the bathroom, my quesion is can he amend the signed copy of the certificate that I have and if so what does else does he have to do or who does he have to notify?

Probably nothing to worry about but I want it all done correctly after all the money we have spent and perhaps if a problem does occur with the electrics/lights in the future and a fire is caused then the insurance comp may look at the certificate and see a way out for them if the number of lights does not match up?

Cheers
John

Sponsored Links
Not sure where you are reading it from, number of points served?

Not all EIC's ask for it, NIC and ELECSA do, and I don't see a lot of merit in including it anyway. It is not present in the EIC template in the regs, so I wouldn't really lose much sleep over it.

Besides you can quite legally add extra lighting points in the non-special locations of your house without having to notify under part P of the building regs.

Sponsored Links
It will be number of points served on the schedule of test results.

Have a word with your electrician and see if he/she will re-issue another EIC with the correct information on.
Has it been completed by hand or via software?
If he alters the certificate by hand then it should really match the copy he has.

Besides you can quite legally add extra lighting points in the non-special locations of your house without having to notify under part P of the building regs.

That's exactly how it'll look.

I think the OP wants paperwork to account for everything that's been installed by his electrician.

I see your point GaryMo, its a bit sloppy, I can probably tell you off the top of my head the number of lighting points served on 90% of the rewires I've tackled this year.

Give the spark a ring and see what they say, if you are insistant, they'll re-issue the EIC.

Saying that, if I make a mistake on one I generally correct it and initial next to the correction, so maybe this is they way they'll go.

Even if a vanity unit comes with more than one light in it, surely it will only count as a single point?

Thanks alot for the replies on this people, unfortunately im one of those people who worry so like everything to be done correctly, I wasn't to sure about if the vanity unit counts as one light or 3 either?

The certificate is written or filled in by hand, its just a bit irritating that its not as it should be (to me anyway).

I think I'll have a chat with the electrician tomorrow.

Thanks
John

Yep it's classed as one point, the same as one of these is:

alpine-3-light-g-bar.JPG

Thanks for that and the picture to illustrate............ I have spoken to the electrician and will be seeing him on Saturday to sort it out.

Cheers
John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back