Allowed locations for gas pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At the moment, the gas pipe comes into the front of the property, straight into the lounge and ends behind the fire. Back boiler lives there.

Now I'm wondering about having a combi installed, but that of course means extra pipework. Lounge is suspended flooring, so I guess it could go under there, but I was thinking of putting the combi in the garage (attached to house), but it would need to go through the hall which is a solid brick floor.

Is it permitted to put a gas pipe through a trough in the concrete floor?

How about straight up a brick wall and along the floor boards, to come back down another brick wall?

Sponsored Links
Both options are fine as long as the pipe is fitted as per the rules that your installer will understand.

Remember that the bigger the boiler output and the more twists and turns it takes along its route; the bigger it has to be.

Thanks for that.

I guess a trough in a concrete floor would be easier (and thus cheaper) than running up on brick wall, across the top and down the other. I just didn't know whether it was possible - I guess it needs to be installed to a certain depth and have some kind of protection on top of it?

Of course I'll get a registered gas man to do it, so he should know his stuff, but it's nice to know whats possible and feasible.

Sponsored Links
It would make a lot less mess to run the new pipe anywhere OTHER than in the Concrete floor!! and far less making good afterwards!! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back