Boiler position

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can a combi be mounted in a garage, fixed to the side of the house wall, with the flue straight up through the garage roof, its a flat roof.

I originally wanted it in the kitchen extension to give faster hot water to the taps, but running the pipes would be much harder, would need to go through the cavity wall of the house then down to under the floor boards, but i dont believe it would be possible to hide these pipes as the amount of the wall that would need removing would be too much.
The kitchen floor is solid concrete straight down then across to under the floor boards would also be difficult.

Where as in the garage, the pipes can just go straight through the wall and already be under the floor boards.

Sponsored Links
I wont be doing the boiler myself, but i needed to know it was possible. I'm just doing the central heating pipework myself maybe the cold and hot water as well.
I think frost protection will come with evohome, not heard of pipe stats though.

Sponsored Links
Okay, thanks. I'm sure the installer will sort that. The current boiler is in the garage but on the outside wall so a fair bit further away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back