Blonde needs advice on gas pipe thingy!

Sponsored Links
corgiman said:
25% of 300 is 75 so you should be looking aat 225

why not just give this geezer (who sounds like he knowns what he is on about) the 300?

This is just another of thos " I must disagree with so and so" postings

As Agile said 300 aint a bad price for said work.

sorry dia but your disagreement was a bit petty.

Dont want a row or anything but it was ;)

I must disagre with so and so posting :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously we haven't seen the job so it's all a bit academic.

I read it as chucking 2 lengths of copper tube under the floor, 2mins as the floor is already taken up, half a dozen or so clips 2mins each, and sticking it together with a socket in the middle, maybe say 4 bends and a reducing socket.

30-40 mins plus testing.

Materials are not costing more than 50quid.

Most RGI's I know are happy with £35-45 an hour (location again)

As Tony said if you hire Our company then yes it would cost silly money because we are not geared up for that type of work, plus there's a dozen or so bodies sat in an office all day that have to be paid for.

For the sake of an non-argument, if the OP looked on the Corgi web site and found an RGI on the door step they would save pounds.

sazzleevans said:
Hi

We have ripped up all the flooring in our through hallway and have got wood to re lay all the floor in our lounge and the hall. Its going to be a huge job but we have hit a snag.

Next year after the patter of tiny feet has settled down we would like to buy a new boiler which is at the far end of our house in the kitchen. There is a gas metre in our lounge at the front of the house and a 22mm pipe runs under the floor through the lounge down the hall to the kitchen.

Still not an hours work, even for an albaniana :LOL:

Sponsored Links
doitall said:
corgiman said:
25% of 300 is 75 so you should be looking aat 225

why not just give this geezer (who sounds like he knowns what he is on about) the 300?

This is just another of thos " I must disagree with so and so" postings

As Agile said 300 aint a bad price for said work.

sorry dia but your disagreement was a bit petty.

Dont want a row or anything but it was ;)

I must disagre with so and so posting :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously we haven't seen the job so it's all a bit academic.

I read it as chucking 2 lengths of copper tube under the floor, 2mins as the floor is already taken up, half a dozen or so clips 2mins each, and sticking it together with a socket in the middle, maybe say 4 bends and a reducing socket.

30-40 mins plus testing.

Materials are not costing more than 50quid.

Most RGI's I know are happy with £35-45 an hour (location again)

As Tony said if you hire Our company then yes it would cost silly money because we are not geared up for that type of work, plus there's a dozen or so bodies sat in an office all day that have to be paid for.

For the sake of an non-argument, if the OP looked on the Corgi web site and found an RGI on the door step they would save pounds.

fair enough but a soul has to eat!!

:)

solo said:
DIA should try reading the post properly. The boards are not lifted, only the flooring. None of us have seen the job so we're not really in any position to comment but now you have this lady feeling that she may be getting ripped off and possibly losing confidence in the guy who priced the job. Maybe you would prefer that she used a bloke who convinced her that the gas pipe was o.k. and fitted a new boiler regardless. I think you're out of order on this mate.

The floor is ripped up up solo :LOL: and the Op has the new floor boards ready to go back down :LOL:

And yes I think they should upgrade the pipe to 28mm, and connect both ends and test it.

corgiman said:
fair enough but a soul has to eat!! :)

Not arguing about that, but taking 5hours to do a job, even with the unknown is OTT or a rip off, take your pick. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

doitall said:
corgiman said:

Not arguing about that, but taking 5hours to do a job, even with the unknown is OTT or a rip off, take your pick. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

come on dia, you have seen some of these rgi fitters, big fat lads smoking fags

bound to take that long just to bend down ;)

corgiman said:
doitall said:
corgiman said:

come on dia, you have seen some of these rgi fitters, big fat lads smoking fags

bound to take that long just to bend down ;)

Didn't know you knew Chris :LOL: :LOL:

Thats asking for trouble :oops:

Thinking about actually doing a job like that...

There are many underfloors where you have to cut the 28 mm up into short lengths to even get it under the floor and then make multiple joints.

Life is not always so easy !

Like the Vitodens 300 that I went to this evening that had TWO pumps !!! Thats inside the casing and the other two were on the UFH manifolds.

Tony

Agile said:
Thinking about actually doing a job like that...

There are many underfloors where you have to cut the 28 mm up into short lengths to even get it under the floor and then make multiple joints.

Life is not always so easy !

Like the Vitodens 300 that I went to this evening that had TWO pumps !!! Thats inside the casing and the other two were on the UFH manifolds.

Tony

I could still chuck it in quicker than you could finish a bottle of red vino :LOL:

And in any case you charge as much as us, and add £20 an hour to red Kens piggy bank for parking.

Tip of the week :LOL: drill a hole through the wall and slide the pipe under the floor from outside if you can't get it between the joists. :cool:

What happened to the boiler anyway. :rolleyes:

I took about two hours to watch TOTP and Pams People and drink one bottle of Dumisani tonight.
About the scheduled time for doing the gas pipe job. But I would choose Pams People any day, well Ruth anyway, dont go much on how she looks now though. She could be any one of our Golders Green clients!

Oh yes, the Viessmann, fixed of course!

Tony

Tony, you old roué, it's Pan's People. Whatever you've been concentrating on or the last 40 years, it's not been the spelling of their name.

DIA......read the OP. FLOORING has been ripped up, carpets, lino, bamboo matting, who knows? NEW WOOD to relay. No mention of FLOORBOARDS being lifted. Yeh I can just picture them walking on joists for the next few months. Wish I wanted this job doing. I'd gladly pay double your rate to see it done in a hour. Get real man.
My goats have read your previous postings and decided that they would not be able to poo poo on your lawn in the allotted time frame, they have therefore declined the opportunity.

Perhaps you need to put double the number of goats on the job so that they do it quicker?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back