Alpha Ocean Combi 240e. CH on off on off on off.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks. Had problems a couple of weeks ago with the diverter valve. Got a service kit and has been ok since. New problem now.... When switching on the CH the boiler lights up for 5 secs and then switches off then immediatly starts up again for another 5 secs. This happens 4 or 5 times then it stays on and works fine!. Not sure if it's affecting the DHW but yesterday ran a bath with no problems for the baby then tried to top it up for our bigger baby and the water went cold, but after turning water on and off a few times, hot water came through! Any idea's?.

Sponsored Links
When this is happening, whats the amber fan light doing? Could be as simple as aps pipes slightly bolocked, or fan venturi needs cleaning. if this was the case I would expect it to be a problem on the DHW as well ;)

Theres a few things it could be but I will take a stab at it and guess that your fan may be stiffening up.
Try some 3 in one oil on the bearings and see how it goes.
If I am right then this does mean the beginning of the end for your fan.

Is your flue intact and looking good?

Cheers guys. I did replace the air pressure sensor pipes because one of them was perished and split. Could the sensor need cleaning out?

Sponsored Links
gas4you said:
When this is happening, whats the amber fan light doing? Could be as simple as aps pipes slightly bolocked, or fan venturi needs cleaning. if this was the case I would expect it to be a problem on the DHW as well ;)

"Bolocked" ? Must be some local Norwich word they use up there!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back