Another call for Seco Aqualisa Aquastream

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, you have helped me out in the past with my aquastream in a rented property that I have just done my 6 month inspection on. I noticed that there was a drip from the shower where the hose attaches to the body of the shower. Turns out that the hose adapter has a hairline split in it. I have took the unit apart and unfortunately during this process the wing on the bayonet fitting that holds the hose adapter onto the impeller body snapped off :oops:

Have managed to get this back water tight by cable tieing around the hose adapter to create a loop then tieing two straps around the valve body. This seems an adequate repair but I am still left with the split hose adapter. Do you carry this spare on board and are you near RM7 postcode today? Also do you know if you can get or have you got a spare pump impeller body. Dont need the motor only the plastic housing that has the bayonet wings on. I have seen the cost of the pump complete and probably couldn't justify paying that as the unit is 1997 vintage so probably coming to the end of its life so would go for a complete new unit. Whilst on the subject of a new unit are the MK2 or Mk3 whatever is the current model totally backwards compatible ie if I buy new is it just a case of pulling the old one of the wall? Assume I can use my old tranny or worst case using the wiring as this is buried behind the tiles.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
JohnD

It is a MK2 ie does not have the push button to select the flow and pre dates 2003. Have got the part (outlet kit) on order from Aqualisa for less than £5 but I will still have a cable tie holdling the outlet from the impeller where the bayonet wing snapped off. Aqualisa said that the plastic impeller housing is not available as a separate item unfortunatley.

They have offered a replacement unit including riser rail, new transformer and 3yr warrant for £399.99 which I think is a very good offer. I await there call with a proposed installation date which depending how quick I may well go for this. I think it has had a good innings considering it has been heavly used over the last 5 years.

Hi scoobydo123

No sorry i haven't got any spares for this shower and as aqualisa have told you the housing is all part of the motor etc sold as a complete unit.

As fitting a newer model another aquastream is the best bet due to the pipe centres on an aquastream won't match any other power shower only the aquastream.
The newer model is a pretty straight foreward swop just that the newer model sits alittle lower than your existing shower and you may also need to trim the copper pipes entering the shower unit from the wall.

Sponsored Links
my one does not have a transformer. Will your old one be going spare?

Going to try and repair this one. I think my cable tied repair will hold as it was not leaking from that point only the outlet. Will let you know how I get on and give you a photo to have a laugh at :cool:

As promised here is the update Aqualisa sent the wrong item out ordered 9am Monday morning arrived 10am Tuesday morning,luckily realised before I went to work so contacted them just before 11am on Tuesday and replacement correct part sent FOC arrived today so congrats to them as a company. Fitted and shower back up and running and totally water tight.

Here is a picture of the repair (bodge)

The bodge is still fine, no call backs. Just a quick question is it ok to put an Eaga shower smart on this shower (reduces flow) or could this cause an issue.

2 speed is now not working. So guess this is either the 2 speed loom microswitch not working or the transformer windings for 18v output shot? How does the 2 speed work? From memory the rotary dial in the middle activates the flow on this, how does this actuate the microswitch? Unfortunately I cannot get there to test. What is the test procedure for the loom?

Cheers

2 speed is now not working.
So guess this is either the 2 speed loom microswitch not working or the transformer windings for 18v output shot?

Common fault is more likely you have a faulty m/switch on the loom assembly.
Check you have no water leaks in the shower ie from cartridge etc that's useally what takes the m/switches out.

How does the 2 speed work? From memory the rotary dial in the middle activates the flow on this, how does this actuate the microswitch?

It works on a cam that turns with the dial to activate the 2 m/switches.

Ok thanks thought it would be something like that will take a meter with me next time I am there. Dont think there are any leaks on the cartridge as no tell tell signs of dripping from the securing screw. Think I have some microswitches hanging around failing that can the hi speed one be bridged. I.e only goes to 18v if 14v is active or if bridged will the motor run permanant.

Thanks as always

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back