Calling Seco, Aqualisa Aquastream service/filter clean

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Guess this is one for Seco. Got an Aquastream in a rented property where the previous tenant has never heard of cleaning anything. She has now moved out and I am now getting the house back to A1 condition. The shower although quite old used to work fine. The handset was almost totally blocked with limescale and there was not much flow. This has improved since changing the handset but I am not getting anywhere near 18L a minute from it. Is there a filter inside that can be cleaned/replaced? If so do you have instructions.

Tks

Sponsored Links
The only filters on this shower are located in the cartridge.
you have to remove cartridge to gain access
the cold filter is located in the gasket thats behind the cartridge when you remove it.
the hot filter is located at the base of the cartridge it's white located in the centre.

I have the instructions for shower but they are basic if needed i can email them. ;)

As always very helpful. I will try and send you a PM

Will also give aqualisa a call to see if they have the parts

Thanks again

The gasket is about £3.50, complete thermo cartridge is about £80, man cartridge £60

Let us know what prices you get or parts your after. ;)

Sponsored Links
Gave Aqualisa a call and they are very helpful. They are going to send both filters through FOC and also offered to replace the whole unit including new rail and handset for £400 fitted. Now this is very tempting. But will try the filters first.

When replacing the filters on these it looks a simple job but are then any other seals that may get disturbed whilst doing it and I end up with something not working?

have tried to work out how to send you a personal message but cant see how. Going on the prices you have put there is that more or less a complete new unit (less transformer) for £140 as that is even more tempting.

Cheers

Cheers

Gave Aqualisa a call and they are very helpful. They are going to send both filters through FOC and also offered to replace the whole unit including new rail and handset for £400 fitted. Now this is very tempting. But will try the filters first.
Must be short of work, The shower on it's own retails at £563.
When replacing the filters on these it looks a simple job but are then any other seals that may get disturbed whilst doing it and I end up with something not working?
No just take note what you remove so you don't forget or a pic.

have tried to work out how to send you a personal message but cant see how.
Go to messages at the top then compose etc.
Going on the prices you have put there is that more or less a complete new unit (less transformer) for £140 as that is even more tempting.

No only the cartridge depending on what one you have therm (grey) or man (blue)
you only need one so cartridge + gasket +p/p = under £100 ;)

Yes the £400 seemed very good value given that this is the fully fitted price and then another 3 year warranty. Will let you know how I get on with the filters.

Thanks again

Sorry last question is this a water off job? Not sure if it has ISo's on the pipework not even sure if fed from loft or underfloor (pipes are hidden) but will check behind bath pane when I getr back round there tomorrow. If water off then guess a bung in the water tank would be best assuming that it has been plumbed correctly with cold fed from loft tank.

Yes water off or you'll get soaked.
rain-animated-animation-rain-smiley.gif

the shower don't have any iso's so yes would be on the pipework if it has any.
Yes bung the tank, poss fit an iso while your there.
Don't forget the hot aswell needs isolating, ie isolate gate valve to cylinder or bung aswell.

If you fit any iso's make them full bore being a gravity fed shower.

Take a look at this link shows both gasket and bottom fitters.
AQUALISA AQUASTREAM

Filters came took shower apart and filters and thermo cartridge were spotless. Put back together with new gasket and it leaked badly. Tried tightning but it made it worse tried with silcone assembley grease still no joy. Then i loosened the assembley and the leak went. Thought all good and shower was quieter but now have a slight drip from handset. Was very surprised at how clean the filters were. Probably going to have to get a new shower if i cannot put up with slight drip from handset cheers

Put back together with new gasket and it leaked badly. Tried tightning but it made it worse tried with silcone assembley grease still no joy. Then i loosened the assembley and the leak went.
So you over tightened them.

Thought all good and shower was quieter but now have a slight drip from handset.

Does the drip stop if you lower head so all water released from hose/head ?
If not poss you have damaged the o ring at the base of cartridge.

Will give the shower up or down test a go. Will quickly pop round there now put the head on the floor and then visit first thing tomorrow and then raise and see if any drips occur. At the base of the cartridge there was an o ring that i can describe as sitting on someting like a garden hose male connector this did have a line on it almost like a crack but perfectly straight so might have just been how it was manufactured tks again

This is a post i just found.
never came across this solution but worth a go.

AQUASTREAM

I would say the line on the o ring is where the cartridge sits against it. :idea:

If the shower hose is held down low then the drips are worse than when held in the riser (ie greater frequency). So not sure what they points to? Will take apart again and have a go with some silicon grease and a play with the torque of the screws.

Tks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back