Another laminate flooring question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to lay laminate in a kitchen and although the flooring is supposed to be OK for this application, I wonder how it will stand up to the occasional liquid spill(s).
It is click fix assembly - not glue.
Should I coat the edges with something to waterproof them, if so what is recommended ?

Sponsored Links
Sorry Ugh!, I'm not here to help, just to say what a great handle you've got!!

I fitted a laminate floor in a kitchen for a right old worryguts, the place she purchased the flooring from suggested a waterproof adhesive applied in a continuous bead, making sure it squeezed out on top, which then had to be wiped off. It took a little longer than normal and I don't know if this was the right thing to do, but she would not have it done any other way.

Flooring was kitchen approved, click fit medium to high price range.

Thanks for the replies.

I've read a couple of manufacturers sites info. and the waterproof glue seems to be a good idea - at least around the sink area.

Sponsored Links
securespark said:
Sorry Ugh!, I'm not here to help, just to say what a great handle you've got!!
Quite in keeping with a Q about laminate flooring.... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back