Another Solid Wall Insulation Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey All.

Will be starting work on the bedroom on my house rennovation shortly.

2 outside solid sandstone walls with old lath+plaster internal coverings at the moment.

I have 50mm Celotex insulation boards which I plan to frame the two walls and fit between them.

I know if I was going direct onto the brick, I would use 60/70mm deep battons to give a 10/20mm air gap between the back of the celotex and the stone wall.

But could I just leave the lath/plaster in place and fit celotex direct to that which would still give the origional gap behind the lath/plaster and just use 50/60mm deep battons to either have the celotex flat against plaster or 10mm gap behind?

Sponsored Links
Why dont you dot n dab the boards directly to the plaster with nailable plugs.

You mean dot and dab the celotex over the full wall with no battons. Then plasterboard over that with nailable plugs?

(dunno if I made sense before but the celotex is insualtion+foil only, not plasterboard backed insulation if it makes any difference)

If thats an option then definetly, would save a lot of time dealing with framing the walls and stop the wood making cold bridges, the 2 walls in question will not be used for shelfs or wall mounted tv ect so weights not an issue

Sponsored Links
Sorry never read your post properly! i thought you meant insulated boards..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back