Any issues with height of new tree house

PE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Thinking of getting our kids a tree house like this one

http://www.outdoortoysessexonline.co.uk/productspage.asp?textpage=0.9889294&mainpage=trh

which from floor to apex of roof is about 11 ft.

Anyone know if we need to be a certain distance away from fence like we did with our garden cabin (1m away). At present we have conifers in that part of the garden and will be cutting down 2 or 3 of those and inserting this into the space so it will be lower for our neighbours than currently improving their light but obviously I can see they may prefer looking at greenery rather than the back of a tree house over the top of their fence. There are no privacy issues as you can only see forwards from the balcony

We will diascuss with them before we do it but just want to know "legal" angle if any

Thanks

Sponsored Links
In theory, the same rules apply as to any other structure (at least in our area).

No more than 4m high (apex), and not within 1m of the boundary.

Had a word with our neighbours, and they were ok with the one we built backing almost onto the wall...

View media item 2935

ok, maybe it's just my dyslexia here, but just scanning that link and not reading it properly I thought it was for "outdoor sex toys" ;)

Ellal
Thanks thats what I was hoping - think I may have a quick call to local council planning and double check before we speak with neighbours just so i know for sure - would hate to buy/start a project and find I have to move it!

Your one looks great although slightly lower than the one we are considering. Did you make it or buy a kit?

Coljack - no definitely a play equipment shop for kids not for adults!!!

Sponsored Links
PE

It was home made, mainly from recycled wood ( a ship lost a load near here a while ago.. ;) ).

Built it a bit lower as it is then almost invisible from the house, and also worked out not too intrusive for the neighbours - they are going to build a shed up to the wall on the other side at some point, so mutually beneficial.

good place for a water butt under those legs, and a nice roof to catch the water on...
or are you planning on cooking the kids.. nice pile of logs under there...

PE

It was home made, mainly from recycled wood ( a ship lost a load near here a while ago.. ;) ).

Built it a bit lower as it is then almost invisible from the house, and also worked out not too intrusive for the neighbours - they are going to build a shed up to the wall on the other side at some point, so mutually beneficial.

er pilfered wood rather tha recycled then? still its amazing what you find on worthing beach! :LOL:

er pilfered wood rather tha recycled then? still its amazing what you find on worthing beach! :LOL:

All perfectly legal actually...

not my fault the owners wouldn't meet the salvage/storage costs... :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back