Any tips on Newteam Jetstream venturi shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am revamping the bathroom and intend to install one of these, as it is one of the few showers that will cope with mains cold and a hot supply with about neutral head.

Anyone got one or installed on?. Any tips?. What's the performance like?

Sponsored Links
I've looked at this valve, but never installed one because I favour the Trevi Boost, which is an alternative venturi valve.

My customers' feedback on the Trevi is very good, so I can recommend that.

I also recommend that you pay attention to tuning the temperature of the stored hot water after installation, which you will find needs to be hotter in the winter than in the summer. If you don't have a thermostat on the cylinder then I recommend that you fit one, but that would normally mean some other control changes (unless you have and use an immersion heater).

Thanks, My hot water is hotter in the winter (v. hot!). The reason being that, when the system was installed 25 years ago, the installer put a motorised valve on the heating circuit only. There is a cylinder stat, however it only has an effect in the summer, when the heating is off. In the winter the water temp goes high as the boiler water is being pumped round the coil all the time the heating is on. I thought about putting a motorised valve in the cylinder circuit but am a bit worried that both valves might close at the same time and the boiler (Glow Worm Space Saver) would have nowhere to dump its heat.

On the question of installing this type of shower, the instructions recommend swept bends, rather than elbow fittings, but there will be some elbows in my installation. will this matter too much?

Rog200455 said:
I thought about putting a motorised valve in the cylinder circuit but am a bit worried that both valves might close at the same time and the boiler (Glow Worm Space Saver) would have nowhere to dump its heat.
It would if you fitted a bypass, as is required by your boiler manufacturer.

Rog200455 said:
On the question of installing this type of shower, the instructions recommend swept bends, rather than elbow fittings, but there will be some elbows in my installation. will this matter too much?
Will it matter? Yes. The more elbows the more the flow will be restricted. Will it matter too much? I doubt it, but you'd have to try it to be sure.

Sponsored Links
Try seeing what it actually looks like instead of just a picture ,as it is a big ugly plastic thing and would spoil your new bathroom. Stick to the trevi or use the H2O platinium from plumb world nice looking shower and only about £100 with excellent performance.

namsag said:
the H2O platinium from plumb world
No longer manufactures, or so I understand. It's just the Trevi boost and the Jetstream. Although the Jetstream looks naff, it probably performs better with very low HW head since the hot and cold water mixes virtually at the spray head.

Re the bypass, my installer kept the cylinder coil open at all times for that, hence no motorised valve in the circuit. Therefore a bigger job to add the valve and bypass :(

I have read a lot of reviews about the H2O failing after a short time, perhaps thats why it's not available.

The problem of low HW head is important to me, so perhaps the Jetstream was the right choice. I will report back when installed.

Rog200455 said:
Re the bypass, my installer kept the cylinder coil open at all times for that, hence no motorised valve in the circuit. Therefore a bigger job to add the valve and bypass :(
Er, what? It was your idea to add the valve, viz:

Rog200455 said:
I thought about putting a motorised valve in the cylinder circuit but am a bit worried that both valves might close at the same time and the boiler (Glow Worm Space Saver) would have nowhere to dump its heat.
...and I merely pointed out that it would be incorrect to add a valve without a bypass.

Rog200455 said:
The problem of low HW head is important to me, so perhaps the Jetstream was the right choice. I will report back when installed.
Maybe it was, but nothing in this topic supports that conclusion. Note that the Trevi Boost copes with a zero head, and even a small negative head (min head = -0.05 bar).

More importantly, as namsag pointed out, the Jetstream really looks quite sh*t.

I am revamping the bathroom and intend to install one of these, as it is one of the few showers that will cope with mains cold and a hot supply with about neutral head.

Anyone got one or installed on?. Any tips?. What's the performance like?

I've fitted three of this form of shower and had excellent results with them,Performance is obviously related to mains pressure and supply availability of hot but I would recommend them. In fact I'm about to fit one for a client in the next couple of weeks. Richard

I put a jetstream in at my last house - to start with it was running negative head of about 3 foot and was OK but not brill, later that year we moved the tank which gave it positive head of about 4 foot, and it wasn't much better. I then found out I had too much cold water pressure - fitted a pressure reducing valve and it was pretty much perfect so I presume it would have been good with negative head.

As said above you do have to turn the heat up on the cylinder in winter.

The other thing I found was that it isn't quite as convineint as my new electric shower in my new house. With the electric shower I just press the on button then get in and it turns on to the right temp etc. With the jetstream you turn the temp selected all the way round to switch it off, so each time you turn it on you have to guess the right position to turn it on to.

All in all it was good though and was the perfect solution for the position in the house

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back