My review of the Jetstream Venturi Shower

Interesting info. Are you saying that you're running it solely off the hot supply with the temp down rated to showering temperature, or are you still mixing cold in at the shower?

Sponsored Links
The installer said "just try it", so I didn't make any changes. Cold is still coming through the venturi nozzle, however it is now at a lower pressure, as the installer fitted a pressure reducing valve near the water meter (all cold taps in our house are on mains, so the whole system feels better balanced now). I think the amount of hot in the mix is now much greater than cold, however it is still possible to vary the showering temp by a certain amount, by using the control on the Jetstream.

Says in the manufacturer's literature "not suitable for combi boiler systems" (they are designed for low pressure hot suply)

Sponsored Links
Yes but why do the MI's say no combi's. Is it that the venturi would pull the water thru the combi too fast?

I did wonder about that, however we have had a few showers now and no shutdowns. Boiler can supply 12 l/min and I don't think we are exceeding that.

The Trevi Boost is still in their product range and is highly recommended. They work brilliantly and look a damn site better than the Newteam lump. :)

trevitim said:
The Trevi Boost is still in their product range and is highly recommended. They work brilliantly and look a damn site better than the Newteam lump. :)

ah, but would it work if you converted to a combi :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back