Anyone else done a "fast track" trade course?

Sponsored Links
Did you have a fine day at the games eco, weather was super here.

Justgonconned (bigtime)

Did u get my reply? it came via the website & I dont have a copy of the reply I sent?

Sponsored Links
Hi Ecowarrior. Sorry to pester but I am really keen to see this info you have before my solicitor lodges a complaint with the court. Any chance you could fire it across to my email address? Thanks in advance!!

Really sorry to hear about your bad experience mate, I hope you get the outcome you are after. Quick question-did you have any engineering experience prior to attending the course? Reason I ask is because earlier on this year, I completed a fast track gas course after 22 years engineering in the forces. I found the instruction fantastic, partly due to the knowledge and experience of the instructors, and partly due to my understanding of basic engineering principles. I paid a little over £5000 for my course, and now work as a self employed gas engineer. Although I still have an awful lot to learn, I feel I am in a great position to be able to find out anything I need to know, and the after care from the college has been fantastic. I went from "zero to hero" in a little over 7 weeks!
If you are successful in getting your money back from these cowboys, I can really recommend the college I attended, are you anywhere near Milton Keynes?
Good luck mate, hope you get these cowboys closed down, but not all fast track is bad!

Hi Wrightgas. No I didn't do any engineering courses in the army, and didn't have any other engineering quals at all, just a competent DIYer really. That said, I have done loads of courses in the Army, some of them very technical and not struggled with any of them at all. There were other guys on the courses from engineering backgrounds and they actually really struggled as well. The main issue was that we just weren't given the instruction required to understand the subject, and that sentiment was shared by everyone on the course.

Anyway, we will see what happens. My solicitor is optimistic but personally I would rather just go down and take my frustrations out on them in a more personal way. Its been 3 weeks now and I am still boiling!!!

I'm a bit like you myself mate, don't think I would be able to relax until I had seen the place closed down! My advice would be to get out there and start learning on the job! You have the quals now, however you got them, so try and get some skilled labouring work or work alongside an experienced engineer for a bit. Your local gas safe inspector is a good source of advice and the net answers all questions! In short-start learning now! I'm sure you have the base knowledge. Whatever you decide to do, all the very best of luck mate, don't let revenge rule your life. Hope the b@&£!?(s get closed down!

Aye you're totally right of course. I'm sure you can relate to this though, its a bit like doing basic training then realising you didn't know your arse from your elbow I reckon. I don't mind skivvying for someone else for as long as it takes, what really annoys me is the lies and salestalk, and I am more embarrassed for not seeing through it.

It also worries me that people can complete these courses, have the quals and the cards, then go into peoples homes without really having the skills and drills to do the job and the customer justice. It stinks.

I won't let revenge engulf me however I sure as hell will throw a proportionate amount of energy into making them think twice about their conduct in the future. And if a few people read this and decide to give them a wide berth then I see my duty as done, to a degree.

justgotconned - if u are still in need of info please look on my www & phone me tomoz. My mate has had his 'result' (big payout) so now he has nothing to loose. Dont expect to get ANY training that relates in any way to what you became used to in the Army. There is no 'life at stake' and its all and only profit orientated.
Kim

Feel for you, these thieves play on peoples hopes and desire to do that most basic thing which is earn a decent living.

You see their sites which say you will earn tens of thousands of pounds and there's a shortage in whichever trade they're advertising, pity they cant be sued under trade description or false representation...........

Most trades are quiet because the building trade is very slow, brother in laws building firm has gone from 100 employees to 15 in the last two years. They cant sell the houses they've built and have put tenants in them.

So I think it will be a while before things pick up.
Colleges are the best place's to train in, it takes longer and its cheaper but you'll get there in the end and it'll give you a solid foundation to build on.

All the best and I hope you get your money back.

Any fast track course for a beginner for any trade is ****e, a fast track course doesn't teach you anything in the depth you need to know it

A proper apprentaship, doesn't fully prepare you it may give you more of an idea, but speaking from experiance I did a 5 year apprentaship in plumbing and heating, and until you're out doing it alone and you hit problems , that's when you learn

No fast track course will allow this, and anyone who has done one, in my opinion should be made to advertise this to all their customers, fast track courses produce the likes of Iron Naz, look him up, people like this ruin the industry for the time served guys

Simple as this, the government should close down "short courses" they are useless. 1. They rob you of between 5k and 10k 2. Training is **** poor. 3. Leaves you vulnerable and open to being called a cowboy! 4. Customer ends up paying twice. 5. Customer doesn't know who there calling out because you don't have " back door merchant" on the side of your shiney new can! VERY TRUE YOU MIGHTEN LIKE IT BUT IT'S TRUE.

there is a reason why it takes 4 yrs to learn a trade, you can't learn jack in 12 weeks still gives the rest of us more work i guess repairing the poor workmanship

Sponsored Links
Back