Apparenty odd rad size 700h x 950w?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody know where I can get a double panel rad 700 mm high x 950 mm wide. I have tried all the obvious online suppliers to no avail, thanks.

Sponsored Links
That is not an "odd" size!

It was a very common size 30 years ago. Probably about 36" !

Unfortunately now rads are almost always sized in metric increments and you have a choice of 900 mm or 1000 mm.

Normally you use a 900 mm with extension rad valve tails. They are usually OK for about 3 years but then have a good chance of leaking.

Tony

TrY MYSON rads.
Agile do you mean the telescopic tails. if so no one with any savvy uses them they are sh#te

Or you could try Quinn (used to be Barlow). I think they do a 920? that with a drain off valve or a rad extension should do it.

Sponsored Links
My mistake, just checked & Quinn do their odd sizes on the height 620, 720.
You can still get a 900 & use a rad drain off valve on one side & a 10 or 20mm rad extension on the other.

Are there any extensions with proper nuts and olives?

Tony

Where are they available from and in what increments of lengths?

The only ones I can remember seeing seemed to be designed for shower installations.

Tony

I have seen those things but I think the thread is parallel and I was not impressed that it would make a safe and professional job.

Its so easy to make a proper adjustable sliding joint with a nut and olive. like a long version of the adjustment available on a TRV4 tail. Yet as far as I am aware no one makes them!

Even just longer tails to suit the TRV 4 and similar lockshields like the Eclipse.

Tony

Used those extensions for years. Had a few, a few years back, that developed a hairline crack immediatley on fitting, but since then no problems and no call backs.

Myson do the premier HE range. They have one that is available in 690mm x 946mm, single, DC or DP xtra. All readily available.

AGILE what your thinking of is avialable from bes and has been for years.
The link space has put these seal perfectly and look ok a lot better than the telescopic things that leak

AGILE what your thinking of is avialable from bes and has been for years.

Can you tell me which section of the BES cat they are listed on? Or even the part number?

The telescopic ones are so poor I would not want to use them!

Tony

Agile page 117 . got a few the normal one so to speak is about twice the length as standard and can be cut down to size . They used to do one with a 2 inch shaft but that does not appear to there anymore

OK thanks, although it sounds as if the extra length may not be enough for some situations.

I have never done it but I suppose you could always use a 1/2" male to compression and a short length of tube.

But when I have seen others doing that with non chrome bits it always looks a bit of a bodge.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back