Apprenticeship help

When you phone up 'these' companies, always stand up, it makes a big difference to your voice to the other person.

Good Luck, its hard out here.

Andy

Sponsored Links
This is incredibly hard!
Literally everyone has said 'no, not interested'. Not sure where i'm going wrong, if at all, but it just seems really hard to get involved in the trade.

doesnt that tell you that maybe being a plumber isnt the greatest career move at the moment

the reason every keeps saying no is that they are struggling to get enough work for themselves let alone expanding to include a trainee.

I would suggest a re think

its not personal no one is doing well these days

Sponsored Links
This is incredibly hard!
Literally everyone has said 'no, not interested'. Not sure where i'm going wrong, if at all, but it just seems really hard to get involved in the trade.

You WERE warned. Seriously, though, don't take it personally, it really is a bad time to be job hunting. Did you try the letter followed by phone call approach?

Will you expect a wage, or are you prepared to get training but no cash? That might just get you somewhere, but you really must write first, and sell yourself, as you will never get the ear of a plumber on a totally cold phpne call.

Aye I did the letter followed by a call.

I've got an interview at 11.30 tomorrow with one firm so hopefully something comes of that.

I've got an interview at 11.30 tomorrow with one firm so hopefully something comes of that.

good luck I really really hope you prove me wrong

:)

good luck I really really hope you prove me wrong

So do i! :( hahaha

Nah, I understand that the work isn't there and such as that was often the reason cited, but it's cool, just abit of a throwback when all of them within 20~ miles are saying it like! But fingers crossed I can get a foot in the door tomorrow.

In the above post before I mentioned I had the interview you was saying it was hard as noone had the work for themselves let alone a trainee to expand to; I was saying that I understand that the work isn't there as that was often the reason cited by those of whom I spoke to. Its just abit of a throwback when all the ones I made contact with in a 20 (give or take) mile radius said it so I was abit surprised.

In the above post before I mentioned I had the interview you was saying it was hard as noone had the work for themselves let alone a trainee to expand to; I was saying that I understand that the work isn't there as that was often the reason cited by those of whom I spoke to. Its just abit of a throwback when all the ones I made contact with in a 20 (give or take) mile radius said it so I was abit surprised.

why are you surprised?

why are you surprised?
I thought living near a good sized city with an affluent population, someone must have something available, it does go to show, I was wrong.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not disputing it, was just in hope I guess! haha.

Will let you know how it all goes tomorrow with this interview. :)

Sponsored Links
Back