Approximate costings for a very low output shop boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,
I don't ask for quotes normally, but I am looking at taking on a shop and could do with a rough idea of the cost of a replacement boiler so that I can get a handle on how much of my setup budget will be swallowed up.

The existing (gas) boiler pictured was condemned 18 months ago by a local gas company. The system/rads was subsequently drained of all fluid and has remained this way for 18 months while the shop has been empty.

The boiler supplies one tap for hand washing and currently 3 rads, although it may need to supply a further 2 rads sometime in the next 12 months.

The gas supply (if it needed uprating) comes into the room next door to the boiler, so I can't see that being a headache.

As you can see I really do not need a high powered boiler. I was thinking a cheap combi of some description.

Any very approx figures please?

Sponsored Links
Whats wrong with that one? :confused:

edit: apart from the bottom missing of course. looks like a GW economy plus?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Micky, that may well end up being the case, but so that I can plan for the worst , could you give me a ballpark figure for replacement please?

Assuming the rest of the system is in good order and the location is ok for flue and condense outlet, you could possibly get a straight replacement in there for 1200-1500. Budget for 1800 and I would say you'll be covered.

Assuming the rest of the system is in good order and the location is ok for flue and condense outlet, you could possibly get a straight replacement in there for 1200-1500. Budget for 1800 and I would say you'll be covered.

Yikes! That was what I was afraid of. Well if it does need a new boiler it's game over, unless I consider an alternative. Leccy rads or something

tbh it depends where you are, theres parts of this country where I'm sure you'd get "something" for under £1000. Personally I'd be looking to get the existing boiler operational again.

Personally I'd be looking to get the existing boiler operational again.

that's exactly my plan . It did occur to me that if it had been condemned why wasn't it covered in the the usual stickers warning of a dangerous appliance etc etc

If you are at all handy, you could fill and bleed the water side yourself whilst checking for leaks, Then hire your local RGI to check and re-commission. I'll bet there is not a lot wrong with it

You can easily buy brand new 24kw combi condensing boilers for 400 quid or less, fitting probably the same.

You can easily buy brand new 24kw combi condensing boilers for 400 quid or less, fitting probably the same

Guarantee you would not get ANYONE operating legally to convert that system to a combi for 400 stripes.
You are making wild assumptions based on what experience?

You can easily buy brand new 24kw combi condensing boilers for 400 quid or less, fitting probably the same

Guarantee you would not get ANYONE operating legally to convert that system to a combi for 400 stripes.
You are making wild assumptions based on what experience?
OP asked how much to swap a combi, I was just quoting a price for a brand new combi boiler with a two year manufacturers guarantee. Don't know about the fitting but a straight swap would be a days work or two...probably.

Except this job wouldn't be a straight swap so your 'quote' is way off the mark.

OP did not mention straight swap-you did.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back