Approximate costings for a very low output shop boiler

Sponsored Links
Fair enough, just noticed he was asking about stickng a cheap combi in.

Even so, your other post tonight asks for servicing prices yet here you seem knowledgeable enough to quote a combi install c/w conversion from regular system and all the components & labour required therin. Not bad for someone who also implies they struggle to find a reliable engineer.

I consider myself a reliable engineer and I read this guys other post, and I'm in liverpool. But when I read his other post I said to myself I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole. His posts on this thread prove me right. He won't find a reliable engineer at the prices he thinks they are worth.

I consider myself a reliable engineer and I read this guys other post, and I'm in liverpool. But when I read his other post I said to myself I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole. His posts on this thread prove me right. He won't find a reliable engineer at the prices he thinks they are worth.
FFS I read the OP's post as he wanted to swap out a combi and reckoned 400 quid for labour alone would be around the mark. Is it that far from the mark?

Suit yourself whether you want work or not, maybe you'd rather it was housewifes who won't want question what you're doing. Cheap isn't always good and neither is expensive. Maybe I just have a wrong attitude with a fair days pay for a fairs day work.

Sponsored Links

Even so, your other post tonight asks for servicing prices yet here you seem knowledgeable enough to quote a combi install c/w conversion from regular system and all the components & labour required therin. Not bad for someone who also implies they struggle to find a reliable engineer.
My other post was in regards what to expect. You know, so I don't get ripped.

Yet you're able to advise others what to expect for a boiler change so they 'don't get ripped'.

Yet you're able to advise others what to expect for a boiler change so they 'don't get ripped'.
As I have already posted, I misread the OP's original post and read it as a combi boiler swap. I posted you can get a decent cheap combi for 400 quid and that the fitting would be as expensive. That information is based upon what I have paid in the past for the same service so I have experience of that cost but obviously the OP's requirements are not what I read.

I have never had a boiler service so I don't know what to expect, so I ask.

Peace and chill pills to you all.

As I have already posted, I misread the OP's original post and read it as a combi boiler swap. I posted you can get a decent cheap combi for 400 quid and that the fitting would be as expensive. That information is based upon what I have paid in the past for the same service so I have experience of that cost but obviously the OP's requirements are not what I read.

I have never had a boiler service so I don't know what to expect, so I ask.

Peace and chill pills to you all.

Point taken. Now, how d'you manage to get a decent combi for £400 when even the £800 ones are sh*t?

Point taken. Now, how d'you manage to get a decent combi for £400 when even the £800 ones are sh*t?

You don't(ravenheaps and Heatpiles) but you can get a decent combi for £800. The op would be mad to fit a combi anyway, for trouble free existence a well proven heat only boiler should do the trick.

To Nat B a little knowledge is truly a dangerous thing,dont try to run before you learn to walk calm down calm down and stop effing and blinding

To the original poster the lads are correct,it will be good idea to get a local RGI in and get him to find out what and if there are any problems with your installation and cost to put it right,im sure there isn't alot.

It is fairly standard specially if the property has been repossessed to drain the system down and turn off all the services I have done this many times for different companies

But if there is, get an Ideal icos HE fitted by BG for around £3500,comes with a years free homecare, bargain!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back