Are Baretts the homebuilder about to go bust?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
80% correction? absolute ****. interest rates will soon be cut and that should release a bit of pressure on debt. things will slowly work there way out. 20% correction will probably happen, but that is what was needed. everyone is panicking at the moment.

Here comes the recession has i predicted 1 year ago looks like those like this chap above will eat there words has usual.

Persimmon Homes have cut 1100 jobs this year. Wimpey shares halved in a week. Crisis? What crisis?

Makes you wonder who was actually going to buy all this housing stock, even when things were "good" in the housing market.

They went mad in Norwich, building alongside the river and were already having trouble selling these over-priced, poorly-constructed monuments to avarice some 18 months ago.

Bought predominantly by buy-to-let merchants, the area is infested with tenants, so "real" purchasers don't buy - and those few that have must think it's the worst decision they ever made.

There's a swanky development near to us that they are tying to shift £350 K up to a £million.

They are advertising on radio and in the press but as far as I can tell - no takers. The car park is always empty apart from security.

They are even offering free barge poles - but, alas, no takers.

A lot of people are going to lose a LOT of money any time now.

Banatines Gym will be a big loser. Recession really hits the leisure industries.

I agree wholeheartedly. Can't see the BoE drastically dropping interest rates to keep the economy going.

Must be almost time to go into Euroland...

We've been living in Disneyland for a decade so why not?

Bovis and Redrow just announced 5000 jobs are being cut. :(

Anyone got any good news? :rolleyes:

Yes. Immigration into the UK continues apace.

Joe may be a bit OTT sometimes, but the general way we're flowing is definately downstream!

And this ain't just the start of a normal downturn - it's different because previously there's always been money available to fund so-called 'recession proof' businesses/banks. But 'money' has always been based on the principle that there are worldwide assets (for that read commodities) that will always be there - but they are now running out!

Which means the value of 'money' is no longer certain..

Mind you, there is always a silver lining...

A development near us which involves destroying an ancient woodland has been put on hold, and a jumped-up distant relative had to hand back his SLK to persimmons a few weeks ago... :LOL:

The value of money is always certain ellal because its a virtual entity i.e. it can be made to represent whatever we like.

Today's commodities are oil, gold, precious metals and stones etc ... If they run out or everyone has too much of them we simply make the value something else ... Something that the US has most of :LOL:

MW

The value of money is always certain ellal because its a virtual entity i.e. it can be made to represent whatever we like.

Today's commodities are oil, gold, precious metals and stones etc ... If they run out or everyone has too much of them we simply make the value something else ... Something that the US has most of :LOL:

MW

Tell that to the Germans in the 30s. A barrow load of dosh for a loaf of bread.
It's called hyperinflation.

Sponsored Links
Back