are freeview recorders going out off fashion ??

I'll admit that I cheat and use spellchecker on the phone. The keyboard is too small, and I am always hitting a letter instead of the space bar or hitting the letter next to tge one I want, just like I did there.

When I am typing really quickly things get really messed up. Spellchecker just looks at me and shrugs - 'I give up boss. What the heck is that one supposed to be?'

Sponsored Links
Keep helping folks. That's the main thing. (y)
100 % yes
i dont like using spell checker other than the wiggly line to indicate a problem and try different spelling choices to resolve it my self as i wont learn just by clicking :giggle:

Sponsored Links
Things have changed so much, old house we had 14" TV's in the bedrooms and using coax was good enough, so had a DVD recorder with hard drive under main TV and what ever the box was playing we could watch on any TV, and we could scroll back 2 hours.

But coax is simply not good enough with 28" TV's, so on moving house went to Sky Q, so no need to run LAN cables, and we can still watch on any TV in house, and the Sky Q LNB will allow multi-recording with just two coax leads to the special hybrid LNB and we can also have up to 4 standard satellite boxes.

However now it seems most of the time end up watching you-tube, maybe due to lack of programs made during Colvid, but very little new to watch, again and again after 5 minutes realise seen that before, by which time missed the start of anything else, so limited to those which Sky auto offers catch up. So end up watching "Lawrie Goes Loco" or some thing.

I do not know about the UK.

However, in Australia the "Freeview" Label was a "con" and recording devices so labeled
"can not skip an ad block. Initially they could skip 10-minute blocks, and fast forward and rewind at 30x speeds, but these were changed to 3 minutes and 32x in 2015.
Hard drive-based recorders must offer a minimum of 160GB internal storage, with Digital Rights Management applied to recordings copied off the device. Restrictions must also be in place to ensure recordings can not be accessed if the hard drive is removed from the recorder."
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeview_(Australia) )

I have a (Korean) "Beyonwiz" T4, with a 2 TB Hard-Drive and FOUR tuners.
Hence, I can record up to Four programs at any one time.

I hardly watch anything "Live" (except the News on the ABC - with no Ads.)
Everything else I watch in "delay", so that I can skip over the Ads
AND
at a time that I wish to watch and
NOT
at the time that the Station wishes to transmit !

I have recorded quite a few "Full-Length" movies, which I must get around to watching - sometime.

While the Beyonwiz T4 does not have a DVD/BluRay recorder, it is connected via the LAN to my computer, on which I can edit any of the recorded "programs" and record onto whatever form of media which I wish.

Of course, I can view "On-Line" programs - via the "Net"
However, the Beyonwiz T4 also has an HDMI input on which I can record such programs - if I wish - in spite of the measures which out there to prevent this !!.

( I also have an older Beyonwiz PVR with only 2 Tuners, which I can use in the event of any problems with the Beyonwiz T4)

Repairs and replacement parts for these devices are still available in Australia, although new Beyonwiz PVRs seem not to be readily available.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back