Are Poles Better Builders?

Joe, you keep quoting immigrants as adding nothing (in real terms) to our economy.

What's your view then on British nationals who are ...

Vagrants
Thieves
Travellers
People who have never worked and spent their entire lives on benefits

Are these more worthy of our resources than Poles prepared to come here, work hard and contribute to our society economically?

Things are not as black and white as you would have us believe.

Sponsored Links
There is no benefit to the country financially, as whatever they contribute in tax is used up in services such as health, benefits, child allowance, schools, roads, prisons, interpreters, etc.

A ridiculous argument.

Are you saying that whatever anyone contributes in tax is used up?

Surely if whatever "they" contribute is "used up", then whatever "we" contribute is also.

There is no benefit to the country financially, as whatever they contribute in tax is used up in services such as health, benefits, child allowance, schools, roads, prisons, interpreters, etc.

A ridiculous argument.

Surely if whatever "they" contribute is "used up", then whatever "we" contribute is also.

Then I guess ( if we are keeping it this simplified ) this means migrants are not offering anything extra to society- they are just covering themselves - but with the handy bonus of knowing that there is a benefits system to bail them out when it all goes t!ts up. In the mean time - joe public still want to know why the governement didnt consult us when they decided to go ahead with this open door policy.

Sponsored Links
No grrinc, Joe is saying that ... I'm certainly not.

Many immigrants come to this country and contribute far more to our society than some British nationals do and to tar them all with this "drain on our benefits system" brush is remarkably naive.

There is good and bad in every society and it makes me wonder how many people contributing tonight, if they could trace their heritage back far enough, may find themselves immigrants also ... Or worse ... Cornish (down RichardC) :LOL:

Joe public still want to know why the governement didnt consult us when they decided to go ahead with this open door policy.
Quite simply because they have no obligation to ... We elected them to govern us and that is what they are doing ... If we don't like the way they are doing it we can get rid of them at the polling booth. ;)

A ridiculous argument.

Yes, so why bring in more?

Well at least its stopping joe having a go at the gypsies ;)

Joe, you keep quoting immigrants as adding nothing (in real terms) to our economy.

What's your view then on British nationals who are ...

Vagrants
Thieves
Travellers
People who have never worked and spent their entire lives on benefits

Are these more worthy of our resources than Poles prepared to come here, work hard and contribute to our society economically?

Things are not as black and white as you would have us believe.

They should be soundly whipped.

Many immigrants come to this country and contribute far more to our society than some British nationals do and to tar them all with this "drain on our benefits system" brush is remarkably naive.

Just, for the record, I am not tarring all with the same brush - but I am concerned that if this country was to fall on it's face economically, would the benefits system be stretched further than it would of been otherwise? What precautions and reassurances have we got?

There is good and bad in every society and it makes me wonder how many people contributing tonight, if they could trace their heritage back far enough, may find themselves immigrants also ... Or worse ... Cornish (down RichardC) :LOL:

I have had this thrown at me countless times and I find it irrelevant to these type of discussions. What we have here is uncontrolled and mass migration that the politicians didnt think will happen so quickly and on such a scale. Our ancestry has nothing to do with it.

Quite simply because they have no obligation to ... We elected them to govern us and that is what they are doing ... If we don't like the way they are doing it we can get rid of them at the polling booth.

Then are we suggesting that an uncontrolled and badly predicted open door policy is what the Labour government actually planned for us? And that if we looked closely, it was written in the manifesto? And that regardless of what we think, all calls to discuss these concerns will be shouted down with accusations of xenophobia? And that the majority of Labour voters are fine with the handling of our borders?

nahh......

Then are we suggesting that an uncontrolled and badly predicted open door policy is what the Labour government actually planned for us? And that if we looked closely, it was written in the manifesto? And that regardless of what we think, all calls to discuss these concerns will be shouted down with accusations of xenophobia? And that the majority of Labour voters are fine with the handling of our borders?
No, I was answering your question...

Joe public still want to know why the governement didnt consult us when they decided to go ahead with this open door policy.
And the answer is ... Because they do not need to consult us on matters of policy (or most other issues actually). Just look at the EU constitution, the Government has no current intention of going to a referendum on probably the most important thing to hit this country in my lifetime. The reason ... It would be rejected ;)

I dont know how good they are all I know is they seem to be doing a good job for the government in driving down wages.
At a local site the brickies were lithuainian, did a super quick job & site owner was well chuffed...................untill the roof steels arrived along with a crane to lift them on & it came to light the eastern europeans had ****ed up the measurements & steels didnt sit on walls.
Needless to say the owner has now said no to the polish crew that were to wire the place out (they were recomended by brickies).

A ridiculous argument.

Yes, so why bring in more?

All of the international boundaries, borders, frontiers call them what you will, are man-made.I seem to remember reading somewhere, that "Man is born free yet is everywhere in chains". Am I wrong to suggest that it is people like Joe who permeate this point of view?

Sponsored Links
Back