are the suppliers right about this contactor?

Ha ha!! sorry coljack i hadnt looked on there site!! only got the paperwork supplied infront of me and theres no photo of the contactor in it only the relay.

Well theres no make on it only the number SMC-2540-230
I tried searching but nothing as of yet

Sponsored Links
I have had a quick look and seem to fit the bill being rated up to 100A and 1, 2, 3 and 4 pole contactors with N/O and N/C pole versions with Standard 17.5mm modular construction so should fit in a 2 way consumer unit box.

But all well and good finding on web site but not much good if your local supplier does not stock.

PS click on picture for site

If there's enough room on the din rail you could use 6mm din terminals to get from 1no 6mm² cable to 2no 2.5mm² then you wouldn't need any links.

Thanks ericmark.

I have no problem getting a replacement contactor that will do the job without bridging but im just annoyed that they have supplied this that wont work unless i link it out.

That in itself is no big deal but when you cant find anything to use to do the job properly then it gets a bit irritating!!

All the xtra phoning around, picking up! Noone will pay me extra for that will they.

Off topic but a while back i purchased some selv under cabinet lights from my local wholesaler.When i got to the job one of them was rusty! called them up they said they had another one so took it back and they swapped it.About a month later i was on the last day of second fixing a kitchen, about half 3 i go to do the last job of the day fitting 3 under cabinet lights.The first one i unwrap was the f ing rusty one i took back a month before!!! had to go back the next ady to fit a new one!! did they pay me? like f did they!!

Sponsored Links
Yes it is a problem when you are either the small firm or working for a small firm. Working for a large firm when they made a mistake with calibration of a PAT tester I got the supplier to agree to re-PAT test the offices for me.

Im only a 'one man band' and the wholesaler is an independent so prob the worst combination!!

Thanks pens.

Enclosure is a bit tight already.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys but i think ill ring them tommorrow and get them to send out 6 of the 32amp relays that i originally wired it for.

That will save me and you guys all the hassle!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back