are there enough plumbers in the world?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There must be by now surely? my local colleges plumbing courses are always fully booked months before start of term, been like that for years.
so is there still a shortage??

Sponsored Links
I need to earn more and am looking into becoming a plumber/heating engineer. What are the most recognised qualifications in your opinion :confused:

not asking on a diy forum. forget it, its not a get rich quick scheme, there is a lot of training and hard work to be done

Sponsored Links
It is training that I'm after and hard work is what I do everyday for less money than I belive I can earn plumbing.
Please, I am not looking to become "rich"
I am looking for a trade, and some advice on training if there is any on this site :rolleyes:

By the time you get the experience there will be a glut of plumbers, and guess what happens then, crap money, bit like it is now for the amount of work involved.

was rubbish money when i started then things got

worse but i enjoy what i do

the old man once said to me if you dont learn something its a bad day :LOL:

Oh My God another one

very soon there will be no one left working on computers, in banks, on accounts etc

GIVE IT UP THERE ARE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY TOO MANY PLUMBERS

very soon I will be giving it up as the rates are falling throught the florr!!!!!!!!!!!!

you have to ask one simple question

will you enjoy pulling back boilers out coal and gas changing liners and all the s**t that comes down as well being up to your armpits in water cos thats what it takes according to the media we are the elite

b******s the only to make money is to earn it
no pot of gold at the end of this rainbow

ends rant gets off soapbox and reminds himself to stop talking to pedantic exit stage left :evil:
if we dont stand together
ill leave the rest for those in the know

Bjorn look in your local newspaper
Lots of adverts BY plumbers, hardly any FOR plumbers. No shortage now, and it will get worse when the current glut comes through.

Try tiling. Much less clobber and always in demand.

Cheers for the reply's, all of you...I'll look into the tiling then....
Maybe even become a sparky as those I've met are always smiling :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back