Are wall mounted gas fires "modern"

Sponsored Links
The sixties begat the seventies. Glad to have laid the foundations. You're welcome.

Well - only just - 8 months of the decade.

That's splitting hairs. ;)

Let's not forget, she took over as party leader in 1975, so the 70s definitely heralded new opportunities for women to get to the top. No matter how deluded nosey is.

However, maybe allowing women access to the levers of power lead to the mess we're in now. Maybe they should have stuck to the three 'ings'.

Last edited:
Definitely. Growing up in the 70s was safe, fun and fascinating. Some of the best music, and tv has never been bettered (Steptoe And Son, Fawlty Towers, Two Ronnies, Morcambe And Wise, The Sweeney, etc, etc.). So good it's never always repeated 45 years on. Law and order was still enforced, your granny was safe to leave her back door open, and we hadn't yet admitted large numbers of the 3rd world to turn our cities into war zones. It was an age of relative innocence, and one of the last decades before the country as we know it disappeared under a tide of pc, lefty vandalism.

It was great, because we were still all in it together. Don't let the usual blinkered miseries on here talk it down, because they probably weren't even there. Their loss.

also no speed cameras,you could by a house for reasonable money,no trackers in your van,no mobiles to pester you all day,no internet trolls and we had legs and co on TOTPs

also no speed cameras,you could by a house for reasonable money,no trackers in your van,no mobiles to pester you all day,no internet trolls and we had legs and co on TOTPs

And Pans People, Hot Gossip.

Have to say I was glad to grow up then. Feel sorry for the kids today with little freedom and lots of pressure.

At least one good thing - the long, hot summers are back. Too busy working now though to enjoy them. :(

Sponsored Links
I was, I suspect, younger than some here in the seventies, but I thought it was brill, fab and ace (see what I did there?).

Abba, Scalextric, Choppers, Space hoppas, Space Dust, Smiths crisps and Cresta to name but a few.

Power cuts not so cool...

Definitely. Growing up in the 70s was safe, fun and fascinating. Some of the best music, and tv has never been bettered (Steptoe And Son, Fawlty Towers, Two Ronnies, Morcambe And Wise, The Sweeney, etc, etc.). So good it's always repeated 45 years on. Law and order was still enforced, your granny was safe to leave her back door open, and we hadn't yet admitted large numbers of the 3rd world to turn our cities into war zones. It was an age of relative innocence, and one of the last decades before the country as we know it disappeared under a tide of pc, lefty vandalism.

It was great, because we were still all in it together. Don't let the usual blinkered miseries on here talk it down, because they probably weren't even there. Their loss.

rosecolorglass1.jpg

Definitely. Growing up in the 70s was safe, fun and fascinating. Some of the best music, and tv has never been bettered (Steptoe And Son, Fawlty Towers, Two Ronnies, Morcambe And Wise, The Sweeney, etc, etc.). So good it's always repeated 45 years on. Law and order was still enforced, your granny was safe to leave her back door open, and we hadn't yet admitted large numbers of the 3rd world to turn our cities into war zones. It was an age of relative innocence, and one of the last decades before the country as we know it disappeared under a tide of pc, lefty vandalism.

Since the 70's we have had more conservative governments in power - so are you saying they were a bunch of leftys. Is there anything you can't blame on this fabricated nonsense?

And we had real proper 5* petrol, not that I used it, i had a FS1E, happy days.
I really miss the smell of proper petrol. Loved it, same as creosote.

70's had a lot of fab music, especially the alternative late 70's but also some right ****e!! Dodgy clothes, dodgy but great food - Vesta, smash and babycham. Ah yeah, I miss the 70's.

I remember my time in the '70s fondly, but there are many that don't. I'm sure all those that were 'comforted' by Rolf, Jimmy, Max and the like. You could pinch a womans' erse and get away with it back then. Funny old chauvinistic times.

Sponsored Links
Back