ariston 27mffi pain in the ass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,
am having a few issues with this boiler,recently when having a shower i would get blasts of cold water so after doing some research i had the secondary heat exchanger taken out and cleaned this was ok for a little bit and now the problem seems intermittent :eek:
my plumber has said it could be the diverter valve???
also sometimes the green power light has gone out on the front of the unit but the switch is in the on position?? and the unit isnt working.
any ideas?

Sponsored Links
after looking at it a bit more it appears that the boiler cuts out and this is when we get the cold water coming through the shower.
it is cutting out when the heating is on aswell.
sometines it fires up and then cuts out after a few seconds.
any ideas as to why this is cutting out?
i had the shower running the other day and was watching the boiler fire up on demand and then cut out for 20 secs and then fire up again. as you can imagine this isnt very nice when showering :(
could it be some sort of thermosat switch or what ?
any ideas would be great :D

Usually the sensors/thermistors on these boilers, you will need to isolate on pipes below boiler and drain boiler to replace them.

You have an electrical problem on the boiler. You will need a heating engineer to locate and fix. Unlikely to be thermistors as termistor would not snuff out the power light. Cannot be the diverter either as power light indicated power coming into the boiler. Would suspecrt PCB also not an issue.

Sponsored Links
hi and thanks for your replys :D
i do think the water problem and the power light problem are not connected
as when we do have power the hot/cold water thing still happens.
sometines in the morning for example the power has gone off to the unit but all you need do is tap the on/off switch and the green light comes on again :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back