Ariston A1400wd - cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I wonder if anyone is able to give any guidance.

Our Ariston A1400wd recently cut out during a wash cycle. Unfortunately we weren't in the house at the time, so am not sure how far through the cycle it was.

I have checked all of the fuses, and have just taken off the pipes to check the pipes and to clean the filter (which had a 2p in it with an amount of gunk), but this doesn't seem to have sorted it out.

What happens is that the machine can be turned on, and its fine until we try and start any type of cycle when about a second after we start it, it trips the fuse for the sockets at the mains.

I am assuming that it doesn't like something at the start, such as the pump or motor starting, and this is causing it to cut out.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

John

Sponsored Links
Check the heating element for the dryer. Disconnect it and see if it trips.

Hi Rocks1,

Sorry if this should be obvious, but where is the heating element, and is it easy to take out?

At the moment I have just taken off the access panel/window at the back, will I need to take off the full panel, which is fine.

Thanks again.

John

No just remove the lid and heater is on the heater box just look for 2 brass nuts looking like 50p piece then just pull the 2 wires off but tape them up before turning it back on. If it don't trip then you need a new heater.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have removed the connectors as suggested, and it doesn't trip out.

I assume that this means I need a new element? Looking at it, other than a couple of screws being in slightly awkward positions, I assume I take the top off the metal case to get at the element to replace it.

When doing that, is there anything to look out for when I take off the lid? (other than making sure electrics is off).

Thanks for your help.

John

No pretty straight forward just undo the 6 torx screws and the 2 nuts for the element. If you taped the wires up you can still use it apart from the dryer. Google / eBay for the part cost between 15 - 30 quid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back