Ariston A1400wd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Ariston A1400WD is flashing an error code, lights 2 & 4 (Superwash & Rapid) and the door lock light is flashing too. I have followed instructions on previous threads to clean out the black rubber filter cup at the back of the machine and found about a fiver in loose change!! I put the machine together again and it starts up OK, starts going through the wash cycle but seems to stall and won't drain - then the same error code starts flashing again.
Can anyone suggest what else could be wrong?[/quote]

Sponsored Links
Yes. Take the two pipes off and look inside it. Poss hair clip bra wire nail pins etc in it

Sponsored Links
Many thanks Rocks1, looks like you're a bit of a legend on this forum (it was an old post of yours that I followed for cleaning out filter)!!

Is it easy to take the white plastic clips off without snapping them?

Can I check if pump is healthy with multimeter?

Yes just slot a screwdriver in the middle of the zipper of the clip and twist. With a meter yes but check inside it first.

Rocks, another satisfied customer!!

I found a Kirby grip inside the pump, the machine has just run a full cycle and washes better than it has done for some time.

Many thanks. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back