Ariston Boiler - contiuously igniting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've been having a problem with our Ariston Combi Boiler for a while now.

I bled the system about 3 months ago as the upstairs radiators were cold for about the top 2/3rds of them, with that solved I refilled the boiler so that the pressure was at approx 1-1.5 bar.

Now, whenever the heating is on, if we run the hot tap for just a couple of seconds it seems to throw the boiler into a continuous loop of igniting. Every couple of seconds it will ignite and then go out and keep doing that until the heating is turned off. With the heating off for about ten minutes it seems to reset it self and we can turn it back on again.

However in the last week its started doing it without even turning the hot tap on, once the heating has been on for a while it goes into its loop of igniting again, on occasion it will solve itself and go back to normal only for a while before it starts up again.

Any ideas on if there is a simple solution for this? I do have Npower's boiler and central heating cover but i only started that up a couple of weeks ago and I believe there is a cool off period of about a month before I can call them

Sponsored Links
quote="jimmymac2213";p="1140437"]We've been having a problem with our Ariston Combi Boiler for a while now.

You pays yer money , yer takes yer chance...sh*it boilers, cheap, probably pcb, if your covered call èm.

that out a british gas contract. we are better...............If that is 'take out a BG contract, we are better'............You are having a laff son, the BG CPS(cowboys in polo shirts) are useless............They're lead by the nose, poorly trained & bolt at the first wee problem they come across!!

Sponsored Links
that out a british gas contract. we are better.

Thats bold of you to put your head above the parapet!

Perhaps you did not read today's posting about British Gas and the Saunier Duval boiler ?

Tony

All RGIs know that the CPSs are rubbish, I personally knows of at least 5 boilers that they could not fix.

This is how it goes; CPS arrives, fecks about looking at his 'laptop', that is leading him nowhere & far from making him think for himself, tries in vain a couple of things!!!...................'Errr....um.....I don't have the parts luv, be back tomorrow'.
Next day some other witless CPS turns up & guess what?? He does the same!!!

Very common for 4-6 CPSs to turn up before a simple repair can be executed......................Or the classic line; 'Sorry luv, your boiler is fecked. That'll be £4800 + vat please'!!!

The very sad part is, many OAPs fall for this from these con men!!!

hi, yeah my dad had an ariston 27 Bffi combi fitted in his house maybe 6 or 7 years back. in the past 18 months they have had problems with the pressure relief valve getting jammed open and constantly discharging hot water outside, they have been through 2 domestic hot water expansion vessels and also they are now having the same problem as yourself...

...when the room stat is turned up, the boiler fires up, the pump runs, but then it will all shut down... then maybe 1 minute later it will do exactly the same... this will happen all day long until the room stat is turned off again. because of this, it will take a good few hours to get most of the rads upto temperature...

we are going to call out an ariston engineer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back