Ariston Micro Combi boiler not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
During the day my Ariston micro combi boiler was working, but this evening there is no hot water nor heating.
The LEDs indicating that the boiler is turned on and that the winter mode (which allows central heating) is activated are lit, but the flame does not turn on when opening hot water taps or radiators. Pressing the R reset button does not have any effect.
Does anyone have any advice on how to solve this problem?
Thanks in advance!
Oriane

Sponsored Links
hmm.. this could be alot of things mate,
is the system sitting at a good pressure?
pcb fuse possibly.. fan fault, pump fault
gas valve fault, air pressure switch..

does it sound like the fan is on and the pump is running?

hmm.. this could be alot of things mate,
is the system sitting at a good pressure?
pcb fuse possibly.. fan fault, pump fault
gas valve fault, air pressure switch..

does it sound like the fan is on and the pump is running?

Is the gas off at the meter? This happened to friends when a Scally turned off the gas at the meter in a block of flats. An expensive call out to turn on the gas tap.

Thanks for your feedback guys.
The pressure on the boiler shows 0.6 bars but I can't hear any fan or pump or clicking when I turn on the boiler, the only thing that seems to be working are the LEDs... As for the gas meter, it's in the flat and the numbers are turning (I have a gas hob/oven and it's working), so the gas definately is on as well.
I'm a new tenant in this flat and the landlords are quite touchy so I'll just call them to get a plumber over, I better not start fiddling with what's inside the boiler.
Thanks again for your help!

Sponsored Links
0.6 bar might not be enough increase to 1.2

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back