• Stop Buying French

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stop Buying German

• Stop buying French & German

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Stop Buying completely from the EU

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Start favouring other EU so they get used to our business then drop them (Not Including FR & GDR)

• Just leave well alone

• Cant be bothered

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • OTHER

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Buy German so they rely on our trade and sod the French off so they need our trade.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sponsored Links
Not many of the potential purchasers of the new BMW mini will know or care that fifty years ago there used to be a much smaller and less reliable car, of somewhat similar shape, made by some UK firms that went bust.
Your more than likely right. the more and more it looks less like a mini it'll just because a BMW. What would be the point in putting a Mini badge on it.

They brang it from over the pond
Did they pay for it?

Your more than likely right. the more and more it looks less like a mini it'll just because a BMW. What would be the point in putting a Mini badge on it.
They think it is a good selling point.
It is whatever they call it.

The new Mini is a Mini because that is what it is called.
However, it is not a mini in the original meaning of the word for the original car; that is why they did not call it a maxi.
The next model may look nothing like the original - so what? That's how cars evolve.

The fact that it is made by BMW, I think, ensures it is a lot better than the one made by BL/BMC

Sponsored Links
Did they pay for it?

They think it is a good selling point.
It is whatever they call it.

The new Mini is a Mini because that is what it is called.
However, it is not a mini in the original meaning of the word for the original car; that is why they did not call it a maxi.
The next model may look nothing like the original - so what? That's how cars evolve.

The fact that it is made by BMW, I think, ensures it is a lot better than the one made by BL/BMC

They bought the idea the design! And in it own right it's a Mini but it is getting less and less like the original so Im sure John is right they will move to a cheaper country in the end. Brexit or no Brexit. If they buy our pork pies or don't buy our pork pies.

I don't think this will happen to the Jaguar Rolls Royce,Bentley or Aston Martin. I think for the the brand and status it needs to made in this country.

Are there enough hairdressers to warrant producing more "minis"? There should be a multi national consortium to produce the perfect car, The British will have the ideas, the Japanese will do the electrics & technology, the Italians can style it, the Germans can build it & the French can staff the canteen, if they can be bothered.

I don't think this will happen to the Jaguar Rolls Royce,Bentley or Aston Martin. I think for the the brand and status it needs to made in this country.

Rolls Royce (cars) are staying put. Bimmer are investing heavily at Chichester. I think you're right on that thought.

Afaik they tried to move Bentley production abroad ??

It was a non starter as Bentley is associated with British . no one would buy a bentley made in Korea .

Afaik they tried to move Bentley production abroad ??

Production is moved abroad.

However final assembly of the components produced by Volkswagen is done in the UK.

However final assembly of the components produced by Volkswagen is done in the UK.

there fore made in Britain ;)

mind u the EU have certain rules were something can be made in say pakistan but legally be stamped with

"made in Germany" another EU inspired fiddle to mislead ;)

This is not true. The majority of a Bentley is manufactured in Crewe, some smaller electical components common to other VAG vehicles arrive from overseas but even the W12 engine is of British manufacture, the original VW developed W12 was completely redesigned in Crewe as it was found to have several inadequacies.
VW did toy with the idea of manufacturing one model in Germany but was found that customers would not buy it because it was not British and also the craftsmen who make the interior could not be found in Germany... As it is, Bentley are working flat out, have recently completed a new office complex, developed the factory, increased staff parking, built a new show room and are in discussion with the council to buy more land on which they will build a new, huge production area... I notice that there are quite a few development mules out on the road so expect another new model soon.....Brexit eh?

Sponsored Links
Back