Asda tills

@securespark
Re banks

I'm working for retired bank manager at moment. He told me when he started the boss (bank manager) said they made the more money with doors shut and that was in the 1960s.

Re tills.
Just no staff and too many phone in sick. Its not really a full time job for many and more a stop gap. Think supermarkets just want to get rid of manual tills. End off. Can't blame them but maybe for some it's not what they want.
Supermarkets always thought you would drive in and load up order vs going around shop but that dont seem popular to me?
So fast paced is the world its hard to keep up. Not always for the better.

Banks and butchers are a things of the past.
Maybe checkouts are next to go.
What next?

Sponsored Links
But at first very easy to bag an item hasn’t beeped…..
I suppose I’ve been spot checked probably half a dozen times or more using the scan and shop. Seems to be random. When you checkout, the light will go off to summons a supervisor and they are given a certain number of items to check. They just rescan random items they pick out and as long as they are paid for there’s no problem. Only once was there a problem with my scan so the whole trolley had to be rescanned. Turned out I’d accidentally scanned something twice so my total was reduced by four quid.

I wonder if the daft luddites still pop into a bank and draw money from a cashier rather than a cash

I wonder if the daft luddites still pop into a bank and draw money from a cashier rather than a cash machine?
I can see the attraction of using your phone to pay for everything! but it does rather leave one very exposed! consider the person facilitating your world decides he doesn't like what you are trying to buy or where you are buying it from, or from who you are buying it.
Have you considered that while cash is still an option they have to play nice!
All I am trying to say is this is an unparalleled level of power you are conceding to someone, all for convenience! REALLY well I suspect it will come back to bite you in the arse! This is the most revolutionary thing to happen in your life time and all your thinking of is convenience.... WOW people you need to wake UP! its going to be difficult to reverse once you let it happen!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
An old lady walks into her bank, presents her card & asks the cashier for £10. The cashier states that it is this banks policy that any transaction to withdraw less than £100 should be performed at the cash machine outside.

The old lady then asks to withdraw £110.

The cashier, now that the policy has been satisfied, hands over the £110.

The old lady hands back £100 & politely asks the cashier to credit it to her account.

The world has gone MAD only because YOU allowed it to happen.

Mrs left her loaded trolley at the checkout in Asda having waited in the till queue for 20 minutes. Huge supermarket with 2 tills open. I’m not bothered I sit in the car ready to ferry her to the next exciting instalment of where to leave her trolley!

Self check out means less staff = less jobs. Just leaves shelf loaders and price checkers. A number are into web ordering.

The self checks I have seen don't look to fit in well with huge weekly shops some do but I suppose that just means they need more of them as they are slower than at a till.

Someone told me that they went into a Lidl and found nothing other than self checkout. In Leicester - pass but probably true. Odd really as the ones we use often have people with trolleys full of stuff. When we go ~ once a month I have to stick stuff in the trolley carefully to avoid crushing other stuff. We usually need about 2 to 3m of the conveyor. Not unusual to see people who need most of it or all.

At the fuel pump I always hit pay at the kiosk if I can. :( I just noticed diesel has suddenly gone up by 8p locally. Back at ~1.85

An old lady walks into her bank, presents her card & asks the cashier for £10. The cashier states that it is this banks policy that any transaction to withdraw less than £100 should be performed at the cash machine outside.

The old lady then asks to withdraw £110.

The cashier, now that the policy has been satisfied, hands over the £110.

The old lady hands back £100 & politely asks the cashier to credit it to her account.

The world has gone MAD only because YOU allowed it to happen.
Father inlaw went to the doctors and was told he needed to phone up for an appointment if he wanted to see someone, he's 85.. Very peculiar he thought and started to go home, but then he remembered he had his mobile in his pocket so he gave them a call only to be told by the receptionist who was looking at him that that wasn't allowed! incredible he said how stupid we can get in a short space of time.

As part of a financial transaction reward, they gave me £75 of my money back in the form of a Tesco supermarket voucher. So we found ourselves in the foreign environment of our local Tossco's this very afternoon.

It took us 1 & 1/2 hr to spend £42.50, not only because they seem to hide what we want amongst the 'tat' that we don't want, but also because it seems to be frequented by the type of wide @rs3 that wants to chat nonsense while blocking the aisle to discuss which particular brand of 'tat' might taste better than the 'tat' they bought last time.

"Scuze me duck, but if you could just move 1 inch to your left, then you could BLOCK THE WHOLE FRICKIN AISLE".

How difficult is it? I mean, it's a shop that's all it is.

As part of a financial transaction reward, they gave me £75 of my money back in the form of a Tesco supermarket voucher. So we found ourselves in the foreign environment of our local Tossco's this very afternoon.

It took us 1 & 1/2 hr to spend £42.50, not only because they seem to hide what we want amongst the 'tat' that we don't want, but also because it seems to be frequented by the type of wide @rs3 that wants to chat nonsense while blocking the aisle to discuss which particular brand of 'tat' might taste better than the 'tat' they bought last time.

"Scuze me duck, but if you could just move 1 inch to your left, then you could BLOCK THE WHOLE FRICKIN AISLE".

Yeah some folk are either ignorant, thick, or both.

When I worked in a town I'd do the weekly shop either Thursday or Friday lunch times in the nearby Sainsbury's... The times I was told I was either ignorant or impaitient with and by the numerous old fogeys standing in the aisles discussing their aches & pains, grandkids, the bus service etc, just because I needed to get round the shop quickly. They must have forgotten just little time there is in a 30 minute period. Why they couldn't do their talking at a different time I'll never know. Even the then girl friend who would come with at times thought the oldies where a nuisance blocking the aisles.

I go lane swimming. What really ****es me off is that people insist on swimming the wrong way. The lanes are either clock or anti-clock. But worse than that, people swim along slower than a drugged snail, chatting to each other 90 to the dozen.

Why the **** don't they go for a friggin' coffee if they want to chinwag?

When I worked in a town I'd do the weekly shop either Thursday or Friday lunch times in the nearby Sainsbury's... The times I was told I was either ignorant or impaitient with and by the numerous old fogeys standing in the aisles discussing their aches & pains, grandkids, the bus service etc, just because I needed to get round the shop quickly. They must have forgotten just little time there is in a 30 minute period. Why they couldn't do their talking at a different time I'll never know. Even the then girl friend who would come with at times thought the oldies where a nuisance blocking the aisles.
Generally, stores are busier at lunch times and just after 5 when folk heading home from work.

Although I too find it frustrating when folk block aisles and/or move around the store at 0.01mph, they're as entitled to be there as you. As for old people, it's often what they do i.e. stop for a natter. Just remember, that might form an important part of their weekly social interaction.

And, you'll be old one day ;)

I go lane swimming. What really ****es me off is that people insist on swimming the wrong way. The lanes are either clock or anti-clock. But worse than that, people swim along slower than a drugged snail, chatting to each other 90 to the dozen.

Why the **** don't they go for a friggin' coffee if they want to chinwag?
Is it a public pool though, open to all? Yes, folk going the wrong way must be frustrating, as must folk going slower when you want to swim faster. However on the latter, as I touched on in the reply to Diver Fred, they're as entitled to be there as you and again, it might form an important part of their social interaction.

Sponsored Links
Back