Attempting to remove a shower tray!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have removed the bolts on 3 of the support legs, but I am finding it difficult to reach the fourth. I have tried wriggling the complete shower tray to loosen the bolts and screws on the fourth leg but it is fixed solid. Could it be there are other attachment points behind the tiles?

If I have to remove the bottom row of tiles what is the best way to do this?

Sponsored Links
Hammer and chisel to remove tiles, you may need to slide a sharpened scraper or similar between the tray and the wall to release it.

I have removed the bolts on 3 of the support legs, but I am finding it difficult to reach the fourth. I have tried wriggling the complete shower tray to loosen the bolts and screws on the fourth leg but it is fixed solid. Could it be there are other attachment points behind the tiles?

If I have to remove the bottom row of tiles what is the best way to do this?

why dont you just smash it out(stone resin) starting from round the waste and work out.
sides will then crumple in and you can clean out and slide the new one in and jack up to old tiles and enclosure/door,reseal jobs a good un.

Sponsored Links
Hammer and chisel to remove tiles, you may need to slide a sharpened scraper or similar between the tray and the wall to release it.

He could always use the hammer and chisel to remove the tray and leave the tiles :LOL:

I got the impression (possibly falsely) that he may have wanted to keep the tray

I am not planning to keep the old shower tray, but neither am I sure what it is made off? It could be fibreglass, as there is some evidence underneath that this is the case! I am trying to avoid the mess associated with cutting through it!

Which is slightly less hastle and mess than having to remove and then relay the bottom row of tiles.if ever you've had to try and take a row of tiles out you'll be aware that normally they tend to start to take the row above and the row above that with them till you'll have to re tile 50% of the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back