Automativ bypass valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have started running the pipes for my Boiler ( Ideal Isar he30 Combi) 8 rads.

I would like to fit the automatic bypass valve between the flow and return around 4 meters away from the boiler, Is this ok? also please could you recommend a make(model) of valve please.

Also is it always best practice to put a double or single check valve before the cold water inlet.

Thank you

Darren

Sponsored Links
Not just best practice to fit a DOUBLE check valve mate but a requirement of the water regs

also why do you want to fit a Automatic Bypass valve?

sorry.
I thought that the dif bypass or automatic bypass was needed on all systems, I have looked at a few posts and thought this was needed.

Are you saying there is no need for any bypass on the ideal Isar, as I understand some boilers do some dont.

what other valves do I need on this system, apart from the "interlock"

Darren

A bypass aint a bad idea but is no way required

An Interlock is NOT a valve it is a way of ensuring the boiler does not fire when there is no heat demand

IE your programmer is calling for heat on a baking hot day and you onluy have TRV's, which are all shut so there is nothing to turn the boiler off, And ineterlock can be a room thermostat, cylinder stat etc

All boilers with pumpoverrun need a bypass but I would suggest the installation and fitting of one is more of a professional job and is an intial system requirement, are you installing this boiler?

Sponsored Links
no I will get someone(gas corgi) to do the bit.

I am not living in the house at the mo, I have ripped all the kitchen out, knocked down a few walls, and have lots of floor boards up at the moment.

funds are a bit tight, I had and old back boiler, and have ripped it all out.

yes I understand the interlock , valves timer, and room stat, (no trv in the room with the thermostat.

Im starting to run the 22mm flow and return at the mo, all quite exciting for me ( probably not for you, you do it all day) I went for the isar, because of its size, a mear 278mm deep, it goes in a wall unit very easy.

what else do I need in this system?

thanks for the responce

Darren

Sorry mate you need to know what you're doing and you clearly don't! Too much for a diy web forum. Get a boiler fitter (corgi obviously) in early to advise you what to do and pay him for his time. Otherwise you'll make expensive mistakes.

Whole heartedly agree with Chris

Honestly mate dont try it if you c''k it up it will cost fortunes to rectify get some one in the full installation of a central heating system IS NOT a DIY job.

Sorry but you request is a bridge too far

no worries, didnt expect to much help. sorry to be blunt, as you were.

I dont think the plumbing side of a combi is that bad, the back boler system i ripped out had pipes going every where.

not that i will be gassing it up myself anyway, its a very basic piping sytem.

Darren

Visit

www.boilers.org.uk

and you will find lots of info pertaining to your project

DO NOT fall foul of new Building Regs for energy efficiency.

Also you may be invalidating you boilers warantee if you carry out the work yourself so I would check that.

Also you will have to pay someone to Powerflush the system prior to starting it up.

As a qualified heating engineer I would strongly advise against you doing this but you are totally right in saying there is nothing stopping you.

thank you corgiman for a civil, reply.

thank you

Darren

You aren't allowed to put the boiler on the wall any more than you are to "gas it up"! Rest of the system shouldn't present any difficult issues though. I repeat, at the very least organise a pooch before doing anything at the boiler end, and agree on who does what. You might find you don't save much cash.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back