B & Q Bargain

Sponsored Links
for the benefit of those who don't want to click the link, it refers to

"MK Filtered Switched Double Socket White 13A"
for a £10.00 instead of £33.98

You only have to change the filter if there has been a nasty spike on the supply, which doesn't happen often.

I had a look in B&Q today, and there were still none on te shelves :cry:

Sponsored Links
I've had them in my house for years and the filters have been ok.
Hey! Who turned off that intern.........................

Sorry I am a stupid arse.

What the hell are they? Is it like individual surge protection or summit??? :oops:

Yeah, basically. You'd normally use them in IT suites and the like.

I'm snapping them up for all my theatre sound equipment and my lighting desk :)

RF, on the website, you can reserve stock for collection. Have any stores near you got any?

Do you want me to check the ones near me? There's one in the town centre & another about 2 miles from home. I'll gladly check if you wish & snaffle the stock for you.

RF, on the website, you can reserve stock for collection. Have any stores near you got any?

Do you want me to check the ones near me? There's one in the town centre & another about 2 miles from home. I'll gladly check if you wish & snaffle the stock for you.

I just got 4 from Huddersfield on reserve and collect.

Adan

Just been in contact with B&Q Head Office. I have reserved their entire stock for the next year.

I'm now your local supplier Rob :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

what exactly do they do?

And do they fit in a normall backbox or do you need a deep socket or the plastic back box thats in the picture?

what exactly do they do?

And do they fit in a normall backbox or do you need a deep socket or the plastic back box thats in the picture?

We used them at work to protect delicate electronics for voltage spikes. These units protect against any large voltage spikes. We had them on a pager system. I want them to protect my rack servers in my house and Cisco routers.

They have a spacer so they stick out about 20mm from the surface. Fit into a normal 25mm backbox.

Adam

intresting, i have gone through ...

1x sky HD box
3x skyboxes (normal)
2x wirless routers
2x main cable routers.

Thats in a year! i was under the impression that as the routers are 12 v with transformers and that the transformers would protect them?

Does it sound like i need one of these?

O and i also had a Denon amp that popped after a few weeks. Denon replaced under garranty tho. It was never turned up over half way and the speakers are B&W with all high quality power/speaker/hdmi/optical etc cables connecting it all together. So i dont think its something to do with the bits connected to it.

What do you think?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back