Back door gas fitters it got to stop.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What's your thoughts on gas safe allowing them to join register with little or no practical experience. They come straight from dole que onto kirks course an either straight self employed cause no on would have them or back on the dole YOUR TAXS ARE PAYING FOR THEM TO UNDER CUT YOU AN TRY AN STEEL YOUR WORK LOL :LOL: Pathetic

Sponsored Links
Not as pathetic as not being able to spell STEAL ;)

I say let them in by the truckload. The more bodge-it-and-leg-it folk that practice this trade , better it is for those who CAN do the work. Only people that need to worry about this new entrants are the ones whose quality of work is no better than ones that are going to be cutting their teeth on polypipe and push fittings

What's your thoughts on gas safe allowing them to join register with little or no practical experience. They come straight from dole que onto kirks course an either straight self employed cause no on would have them or back on the dole YOUR TAXS ARE PAYING FOR THEM TO UNDER CUT YOU AN TRY AN STEEL YOUR WORK LOL :LOL: Pathetic

I can only support your cause IFIB, after reading several of your threads, I know you to be a man of great integrity & intellect, well, for a sheep sh.gger anyway!! The CCC/CC(career change chancers/course cowboys) are a great risk to the unsuspecting British public.
Keep up the good work son.

The other DP from Glasga.

Sponsored Links

haha i will take the bait as im a bit bored at the moment!!!!! because the class i'm teaching are so clever learning the gas in 12 weeks that we have moved onto basic English spelling and dictation, still some places left, are you interested?
how does the tax from workers transfer to them getting paid? they self fund the course and want to work in gas, who are you to say you are better placed to do gas then them? how hard is gas to do, get over yourself, working in the gas industry requires a certain skill set, including effort, endeavour, common sense, logical approach and honesty and integrity, (or as many from the list as you can muster, how many do you have ;) )there isnt a massive amount of brain power required as suitably demonstrated by some qualified people on sites like this.
i have met many very able people who i have successfully taught gas theory, they worked hard doing their portfolio and are now working as successful employers, some now have between 4-6 vans on the road emplying people and paying them very well, so they pay more into the system than you if you are self employed or an employee,
back to you to try to cancel out anything i have said, if any of the big words confuse you ask a local trainee

I say let them in by the truckload. The more bodge-it-and-leg-it folk that practice this trade , better it is for those who CAN do the work. Only people that need to worry about this new entrants are the ones whose quality of work is no better than ones that are going to be cutting their teeth on polypipe and push fittings

DP i agree good workers have little to worry about as reputation goes before you and if people want work of a certain level and are happy to pay to get a good job done they will use the better people that they know or have heard good things about, its only those at the bottom end of the spectrum who have little confidendce in their own ability or know deep down that they are out of their comfort zone ;)

Do you guys have SHIFT keys?

and spell checker? it is Aberdeen though it is very different up there to the rest of the country, it is actually one of the most boring places I have ever worked, people seem so down and unhappy all the time

basic English spelling and dictation
Err, I think you mean diction. :LOL:
And you missed punctuation off the curriculum.

Which reminds me; there's an 'A' board advertising a tyre place near where I work.
Apparently, according to the 'A' board, they fix puntures. (Sic)

I have given up caring.... but then I am lucky insofar as I can afford to do all kinds of weird and wonderful stuff....Yesterday because there was little gas work to do, I went to repair a classic pin ball machine (The Terminator). This morning I repaired a walk in freezer in a shop.... I know though that there are those new guys who are switched on and make a go of it and good luck to them, there are others who think that being an RGI is the easy route to becoming rich and they will end up walking away after they have been ripped off by letting agents and tightwads.... Those who are still in the game will attend to the installs done by the less able and will charge to put the job right with the whining of the customer ringing in our ears about how their new boiler cost so much to install (Over a grand!!) and its never been right.... And so the world rotates

haha i will take the bait as im a bit bored at the moment!!!!! because the class i'm teaching are so clever learning the gas in 12 weeks that we have moved onto basic English spelling and dictation, still some places left, are you interested?
[i]how does the tax from workers transfer to them getting paid?[/i] they self fund the course and want to work in gas, who are you to say you are better placed to do gas then them? how hard is gas to do, get over yourself, working in the gas industry requires a certain skill set, including effort, endeavour, common sense, logical approach and honesty and integrity, (or as many from the list as you can muster, how many do you have ;) )there isnt a massive amount of brain power required as suitably demonstrated by some qualified people on sites like this.
i have met many very able people who i have successfully taught gas theory, they worked hard doing their portfolio and are now working as successful employers, some now have between 4-6 vans on the road emplying people and paying them very well, so they pay more into the system than you if you are self employed or an employee,
back to you to try to cancel out anything i have said, if any of the big words confuse you ask a local trainee[/quote]

Ask this man kirkgas

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-17127983

The people 'kirkgas' turns out are wholely unskilled & a danger to the themselves & the public.

Is he or any mickey mouse course provider going to face the Judge on a Manslaughter Charge when some useless ex-milkman takes the side of a house out & kills someone?? No f.cking chance, they'll still be stuck in their Classroom counting their money & wating for the next load of braindead morons to come through the door.

The only advert for 'Gas Fitters' in our local Scottish dailly rag is Kirk's cowboy course, there's no other work for people with ACS! So if you think you can retrain & be a career change chancer, think again son.........THERE'S NO WORK FOR GAS FITTERS!!!

basic English spelling and dictation
Err, I think you mean diction. :LOL:
And you missed punctuation off the curriculum.

Which reminds me; there's an 'A' board advertising a tyre place near where I work.
Apparently, according to the 'A' board, they fix puntures. (Sic)

i will check later, but thought it was dictation (ie the way to describe faults in such a fashion as to be understood) but if it is diction then i stand corrected

The people 'kirkgas' turns out are wholely unskilled & a danger to the themselves & the public.

Is he or any mickey mouse course provider going to face the Judge on a Manslaughter Charge when some useless ex-milkman takes the side of a house out & kills someone?? No f.cking chance, they'll still be stuck in their Classroom counting their money & wating for the next load of braindead morons to come through the door.

The only advert for 'Gas Fitters' in our local Scottish dailly rag is Kirk's cowboy course, there's no other work for people with ACS! So if you think you can retrain & be a career change chancer, think again son.........THERE'S NO WORK FOR GAS FITTERS!!!

your opinion and you are welcome to it, but i will take you to task on saying everyone i put through gas is dangerous, what a pompous and unwarrented comment, its domestic gas we are teaching them, not brain surgery, how hard is it? no wonder people get on their high horse with gas guys thinking they are the high and mighty, and before anyone jumps on me for this comment, i agree it takes time and skill to learn fault finding quickly and cost effectively, but basic gas servicing and installing is not hard if you have basic intelligence and endeavour, i mean look around you anyone of us can name tradesmen who are not fit to be called such, but have been doing the job for many years, but the old Lanarkshire saying of how you rated someone was " i wouldnt send him to work in my grannies house"
my opinion is slightly different, as to us facing court the system is the same for new entrants as for the great pool of experts, in the game for many years who make mistakes/are careless and injure people, they will inspect the examination process and if it is found to be robust and fair and delivered professionally then you are right i wont go to court, if you come through the centre and fly through because you are an expert then go on to injure someone through negligence or cutting corners or an honest mistake why should i get the blame? you passed an exam set by others and adminitered by me using a tried and tested method, YOU killed them not me, same scenario as a driver killing 3 of his passengers 3 days after passing the test, who is to blame the driving instructor, the examiner, both, OR the driver who should know better, as to how much gas work is out there, you will be better placed than me to say, so as a reply to your statement how much work do you have at the moment for yourself if self employed or for your guys if you have people working for you,

if you have anyone working for you i would expect you to have a robust method statement or management system in place to protect your company from getting into trouble if one of your guys killed someone, as you seem to think you are better than some on here im assuming your business accumen is as good as your gas & plumbing skills so you will have all this in place, and also i think im right in saying you have commented on both gas and plumbing so if im right and you do both which are you time served in and which are you a ccc in,
im a time served plumber so im a ccc into gas, but im doing ok and havent killed anyone yet, and i honestly feel im careful dedicated enough to ensure as best i can that i dont kill anyone, but as a gas ccc its only a matter of time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back