Back door step

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Picture thsi folks ...
Old victorian house
back door step which was one stone piece is now cracked and needs replacement or repair (concrete capping ????)

I am ok with ripping out and replacing, but how do i go about a repair ??
Ie whats the bset method and what conctete mix??

Hotdog

Sponsored Links
My relatives had the same problem, they filled in cracks and resurfaced the step with red exterior floor tiles. It looks good and very in keeping with Victorian property, hope this helps.

Probably a bit late to reply to this, but
You could always go for moulding your own replacement step. Make a timber box (I would suggest an absolute minimum of 2 inches deep). Pour in concrete (1 part cement, 3 parts 5mm agregate). Tamp down well and turn out.

If you want to make a feature of it, you can line the box with ceramic tiles (just lay them face down, loose) before pouring the concrete. Once you turn it out, you have it ready tiled. (The old victorian fire places used to be made this way). If you're really adventurous you can create a mozaic out of the tiles.

Sponsored Links
novel idea.

hotdog6660 only ever made 5 posts between june 8th and june 9th so yes you are a bit late, but like i said novel idea

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back