bAck Market Refurbed iPhone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Mrs. needs a new phone. Currently using a 6plus, but battery is knackered. There is no support or upgrades so apparently are a security risk.

I loathe the idee idea of spending silly money on a phone so was thinking of a refurbished 11/12 from Back Market.

Gas anyone any experience or views on this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
My experience of second hand or 'refurbished' phones has always been negative. I'd always sooner buy a lesser phone new.

If you buy from a business dealing then probably OK.
Second hand off ebay I've bought phones and all had faults not listed. Headphone jack broken on one. Camera lens had scratch on another. I just stick with new £150 ish phones.

I've just done the battery in my 6s... £6 from the 'bay'... including tools... will be good for another 8 years.;)

Sponsored Links
I fitted new battery in mine although had to break glass back to get inside phone.
Battery was a struggle to get out and small flame in corner so I took outside quickly and yanked out.
Turned out it completely burnt out in about 30 seconds.
Battery sits in on metal tray and no damage.
Fitted new battery and bought replacement glass back. All good now but decided not to do another especially if I can buy a new phone for under £150.
Depends what you want. I just use nfc payment. Youtube. Internet. What's app and take a few photos and videos so cheap phones works for me. Some play top end games or want amazing screen or need to look good in public with top end phone in hands. With a better spec phone you need a bigger battery especially with high screen resolution taking lots off power or won't last the day.

I've bought a couple of refurbed Samsung S9s from Back Market in Feb this year and they have both been excellent value. You would never know they were used.
Spotless, no scratches or damage, long battery life ( 2days on standby ). I opted for the A1 condition ones and paid a bit more but certainly worth the saving over new price.
The only negative is that you will get regular b0ll0x emails of them asking if you want to buy more stuff.

I think you mean the grey market rather than the black market.

My Mrs. needs a new phone. Currently using a 6plus, but battery is knackered. There is no support or upgrades so apparently are a security risk.

I loathe the idee idea of spending silly money on a phone so was thinking of a refurbished 11/12 from Back Market.

There is no way I would consider buying a new high spec. phone, because I simply wouldn't be able to justify the stupid cost of such. Last two I have bought as refurbished items, and they have done me proud. I would only buy an item which was perfect, A1, in as new condition. I then keep them for years, and make sure I don't drop them. Present one I have had maybe four years, one new battery fitted last year, due to my abuse of the battery.

There is no way I would consider buying a new high spec. phone, because I simply wouldn't be able to justify the stupid cost of such. Last two I have bought as refurbished items, and they have done me proud. I would only buy an item which was perfect, A1, in as new condition. I then keep them for years, and make sure I don't drop them. Present one I have had maybe four years, one new battery fitted last year, due to my abuse of the battery.

I do tend to buy premium handsets (on contract). My current contract is £76,pm which is silly money but I wanted the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra (gorgeous handset but approx £1300). I can see myself keeping it for up to 4 years. I am currently in month 23 of a 24 month contract. From Jan I hope to drop down to about £25 pm.

I do tend to buy premium handsets (on contract). My current contract is £76,pm which is silly money but I wanted the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra (gorgeous handset but approx £1300). I can see myself keeping it for up to 4 years. I am currently in month 23 of a 24 month contract. From Jan I hope to drop down to about £25 pm.

I insist on things earning their keep. I always buy outright, can't be doing with contracts, paying monthly. I have unlimited, unlimited, plus 5Gb pm for £6. It does all I want and I was able to stop all outgoing call costs via my landline.

Not having seen one, I can only assume you are correct in its gorgeousisity. But when you have wrapped a black brick if protection around it, it probably is not quite as pretty?

Regardless, my head won’t allow me to spend £1300 on any means of communication , but that is me. Not a question of affordability - but of financial justification.

My current one is an iP8, bought a couple of years or so ago, old stock but brand new. My SIM only is £9 per month

You lot. Big money some of those phones.
Redmi Note 11 PRO 5G 6GB/128GB, 120Hz FHD+ AMOLED 67W turbo charging - £194

I bought the Xiaomi Redmi 10 2022 - 4GB/64GB 6.5" FHD+ DotDisplay, 5000mAh battery18W fast charging for £134.
Is currently £94 on offer ending soon.. Thinking of getting another

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back