Backboiler stove installation question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I plan on installing a stove with a backboiler.

I only require it to heat one radiator upstairs and was looking at a 2.4kw radiator, but the stove I want outputs 7kw to the backboiler.

I assume i would need either a lower power stove or more radiators? Otherwise it'll boil the water?

I wouldn't mind heating a water tank but as I have a combi this would be very expensive in purchasing a heatstore.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you'd be better off installing a dry stove and an electric heater. Why do you want a back boiler?

Sounds like you'd be better off installing a dry stove and an electric heater. Why do you want a back boiler?

Because I want to heat the whole house. From my experience in the past a stove can heat the downstairs of a property well so would just like a radiator to heat upstairs.

If your back boiler is capable of producing 7kW, you'll need 7kW of radiators capable of gravity circulation

Sponsored Links
Woodburners are lovely but if you're paying for wood its an expensive way to heat the place, specially as you've done the capex (boiler) already

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back