connecting a backboiler into a central heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a LPG combi boiler central heating system and a multi fuel stove in the living room. I would like to utilize the heat created by the stove to heat the radiators throughout the house rather than just the living room. I don't want the stove to heat the hot water.
The central heating system used to be run by a backboiler before the LPG combi boiler was installed and the pipes still run by the fireplace. Before I look into getting a new stove with a backboiler. I would like to know if this arrangement would be possible and how it could be done to combine both systems safely.

Thanks

Nick

Sponsored Links
Assuming your combi is a sealed system then the only thing you could do is to have two seperate radiator systems.

Uncontrolled fuel systems must only be fitted to an open vented system.

Tony

Thanks for the Advise

I was thinking if i only had to install a thermostatically controlled circulation pump and some safety valves (incase of pump failure) it might be worth it, but If it needs to be on a separate system, i think i will leave it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back