BAL WP1 WATERPROOF SHOWER KIT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to re tile my en suit shower which has tiles on 3 sides down onto a shower tray. The old tiles will be taken off and i'm assuming there will be plaster board under. Should i use the above kit and can it be used with a shower tray as opposed to a tiled floor wet room style, or should i use some of the BAL sealant prior to re tiling. Should this be done around a bath also.

cheers Paul

Sponsored Links
The tanking kit is the way to go. Mastic between tray & tanked walls before tiling and mastic between tray & tiles after grouting.

No need around bath unless you have a shower above the bath but if you have some of the tanking liquid left it will do no harm.

Jason

Am going to have a shower over the bath as new bathroom going in too, plus a 2.25bar shower pump. I was concerned as how the tanking seal formed where the shower tray and wall meets but thats clearer now. I take it the tanking is a waterproof coating that is applied/painted onto the plaster board, and nothing esle is needed under the tanking.

cheers Paul

The kit comes with a primer that goes on first, allow to dry then paint the liquid on or spread with a float. It is like liquid rubber.

Have a look at page 11

http://www.bal-adhesives.co.uk/bal/main/pdfs/fixing_guide.pdf

I also tend to use BAL Superflex wall grout in showers as it is spec'd for power showers, takes a bit more effort to clean off but does the job.

Jason

Sponsored Links
Cheers for the info, will definately use it, got a free dvd from topps Tiles which shows how to use it and it looks easy enough.

thanks Paul :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back