BANG WHEN FLAME CUTS IN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive got a baxi 105e its around 5 years old and it makes a bang when the flame cuts in (about as loud as nocking your knuckles on a table ). Does this mean a part is about to go ?

Sponsored Links
It probably means it has never been serviced.

It might be on the point of being dangerous ( if its not already dangerous! )

Tony

Sponsored Links
Sounds like its taking time to ignite the gas - could be a weak spark or the probes or leads need cleaning.

Sounds like its taking time to ignite the gas - could be a weak spark or the probes or leads need cleaning.

That may be the case but dont you think that kind of work should be done by a CORGI engineer?

Yes i had it serviced by a corgi guy last month ( he told me all boilers make a small bang when they ignite ) Sorry for not beliving the allmighty gargi card holder :(

Hes right all boilers do make a small bang when they light up (very small bang ) its the gas exploding when it ignites . Whats a gargi card ? ;)

Never heard of a 105e banging like that.

Boilers igniting should be a gentle whooomph :confused:

thats more like the noise its a whooomph but not so gentle

Its a pity you cant add sound tags to this , i should make a vidio and put it on you tube lol

Gaz stick a short vid on utube and il tell you what i think , this must be a first for diynot lol

Il do that tonight , is there anyone else that will give me there opinion ? ( not that i dont trust you nicpwelsh ) :)

just been listening to my boiler again im paranoid now lol , . This is what happens the fan starts then theres a small bang and then the whoooseh of the boiler lighting, any ideas what the bang could be ? (my corgi servise bloke said to ignore it !)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back