BANG WHEN FLAME CUTS IN

Sponsored Links
Turn the gas off at the meter and fire up the boiler....then you can distinguish whether you have a clunking gas valve or "explosive" ignition.

Sponsored Links
turned gas off and the clunking is still there , is that a new gas valve i need ? . is it dangerous to use it until i get a bloke in ?

Gas valve around £100 plus fitting (and setting up) by corgi only.

As for being dangerous some of the Ariston SX20s make a terrible clunk but we are told they are safe by Ariston.

As for your boiler only safe advice on a public forum would be not to use it.

i think your only looking at 1 hours labour to replace a gas valve and maybe a call out fee , probs around£180ish

as I said earlier --- Sounds like its taking time to ignite the gas - could be a weak spark or the probes or leads need cleaning.

Got a new gas bloke coming on monday , charges £35 +vat call out then we see were we go , i asked for a price to replace the gas valve but he wouldnt give one , supose he knows best!

You must live in a very cheap area!

We charge a diagnostic fee of £84 in London but then it takes an hour to travel anywhere there and another hour to get back!

But we fit a new gas valve within that charge if its required.

Tony

Newcastle ! , cheap for gas fitters but our football teams RUBBISH!

Sequence of start up is pump then fan then gas valve so your clunk maybe the fan startin, way to completely disregard gas valve clunking is to remove the electrical connection plug from the front of gas valve held in position by a small screw.
Gas valve for these are no more than £85 inc then whatever delivery cost if any

I dont think i would dare mess with the gas , id be happy messing with the pump or fan but gas things scare me , (namsag have you been away ?)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back