barbeque ideas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im gonna build a brick barbeque but i dont want a plane brick barbeque i want something nice and different, does anyone have any good ideas or can point me in the right direction,cheers.

Sponsored Links
If they have something different they will want to keep it to themselves, SO THAT THEY ARE DIFFERENT. :LOL: :LOL:

what style of garden have you got and what are you after?

Sponsored Links
the gardens in no paticular style just yet evry thing will probably revolve around where the barby will be built.im after a brick one maybe with a chimney and i might render in parts and im thinking of maybe using york stone and ive got a load of sleepers. i may also have a water fall. :eek: :eek:

Well I was getting bored and thinking what I could do with my time.
Driving along I spotted a sheet of corregated iron in a skip. Having snaffled it before I knew what to do with it I decided to build a barbecue.
Routed a frame around the corregated. Built a couple of little tables either side. Couldn't find an oildrum anywhere so here is the deathwish bit!!
I had an old gas bottle.
Got all dregs of gas out of it with the valve.
Spannered the valve fitting off....(hairy moment!!!!! )
Left it empty outside for a week to let any remaining gas evaporate.
Filled it with water for two days to displace any liquid gas.
Emptied out and filled with sand ready for the cutting.
Using angle grinder cut top and bottom off and sliced the thing in two.
Makes a great 2 bowl barbecue!!!
eba00468499f00000010.jpg

eba00468499f00000011.jpg
[/img]

thats what im talkin about, nice one glocko. you sound pretty similar to me i find it difficult to walk past a skip without having a look to see if theres anything to salvage. like your barbie, whats the food like, it doesnt look like you ve used it yet in the pictures.

The most unusual barbequeue I have seen was made from the end of a petrol tanker.
This made a huge dish in which the burgers etc were cooked.
This was on a very large caravan site where they had also made a motorised spit when they did an ox roast once a month.
No chance of being hungry there. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back