Bathroom basin.......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed a new en suite, tiles etc and am quite happy, however I am having a problem with the basin.

I can’t get it onto the wall properly. There are only two screws underneath, with limited space to get a screwdriver in as it is. There was a pair of wall plugs with it, but as it is not going onto a solid wall, (false wall with the waste pipes behind) I have used the metal plasterboard screw in plugs and screws. I can not get a screwdriver in so am using a poz bit in a socket and using a ratchet to tighten it. I can get it so tight then no more, but the basin still is able to wobble up and down at each side. I have already spent ages on this, and it is really starting to p**s me off…

Do you guys have any ideas, or alternative way of fixing this dam sink to the wall? The old sink was just raw plugged, when I took it off the plugs came out with my fingers, however it didn’t move on the wall….

Sponsored Links
First of all be carefully not to tighten the screws to much, i over tightend some once..not a good think, bye bye basin!

Maybe try some basin fixing brackets?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back