Bathroom floor

ill say one thing about joe ... oh no its gone...

i thought i wouldnt see him again after i stopped posting in general

:cry:

Sponsored Links
Replacing a floor is a big project for a DIYer and not without risk of injury. If there's a quicker easier way then it's worth a try.

Hi
I am about to tile my T&G bathroom floor. My main problem is that this room has the only toilet in the house, so time is an issue.
I had thought of removing the t&g and replacing with 25mm plywood, but now think that it would be quicker to overboard with say 12mm. I will then need to apply adhesive, tile and replace the new toilet.
Does anyone have experience of the quickest way of doing this. I also intend to fit electric ufh in this room, but clearly not under the loo, so need to take account of the extra thickness of adhesive under the rest of the tiles.
Thanks

You could use backerboards,I have used these a few times now and at first was a bit apprehensive but I have been back to the first property a few times for other work and the floor is fine.

The boards are only 6mm,this would give you plenty to fit you ufh if its the matting/ribbon wire type (normally only a few mm).

gcol; it’s OK, I know Joe's style, I’ve been here longer than him &, come to think of it, longer than you; but your still king of tiling as far as I'm concerned ;)
Richard you can knock that sh*te off. :p I can fit tiles pretty well and I'm pretty well up on how to fit various types of tile properly and with little risk of failure. This is gained by experience when I was self employed. As Joe says (and also if you look in my profile) I am no longer tiling for a living. I have a far better standard of life now than I did then and I don't regret packing it in one bit (especially in these hard times).
If I'm honest, DIYnot is something that I'm trying to give up due to the time given over to it.... as I type this, my wife is reading a story to my daughter behind me and I'm missing out on the ineraction but I cannot stand people giving out bad advice (and there's plenty of it given out on here); that's the real reason I put the sticky together.
I've said it before and I'll say it one more time.... Joe is well capable of tiling without anyone's help on here (Nick, don't get drawn in, he's teasing you).
Richard, I didn't realise how long you've been on the forum cause you haven't been a regular (and a welcome one at that) on the tiling forum for long.
Peace.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your words of wisdom.

I am interested in using the backerboards. Has anyone use used 'no more ply' and then seen the job say 6 or 12 months later ? I can buy this locally.

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back