Bathroom Sealer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys
I have just re-fitted my bathroom suit into another room. My problem is that the bath and shower tray was sealed with a huge amount of transparent bathroom sealer (the plumber must have had a job lot he even stuck the sink to the wall with it - i.e. no screws).
Anyway it is a bit of a mess and I would like to clean it off, but it is proving very difficult. I have tried white spirit and even my wifes nail varnish remover, but nothing seems to shift it, I dont want to scrape it unless I have to because the bath and shower tray are acrilic and I dont want to damage them.
Anyone got any ideas of how I can safely remove it?

Ta
sacko!

Sponsored Links
You can remove the bulk of it with a razor blade or NEW stanly blade, if you are careful you wont scratch the bath. There is a commersial product to remove sealant, do not have name, but you need to get the bulk off.

The commercial product is a gel containing orange terpenes, which is a solvent. It doesn't work terribly well. The plastic scraper supplied with it works pretty well on its own though. You're best using a combination of sharp blade and soft scraper and lots of patience.

Sponsored Links
Upvc double glazing companies use a solvent to clean up old frames which is brilliant on removing silicon.

Try one of your local companies. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back