Bathroom wall tile set out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, looking for some advice/opinions from you pro tilers. I'm about to tile my bathroom, all walls floor to ceiling and have been spending some time thinking about the set out. My window reveal is on the opposite wall to my bath and ideally I would like a whole tile at the bottom of the window reveal but if I do, I will end up with 1/4 tile around the bath, ideally I'd like at least half a tile around the bath. To get half a tile around the bath, I will need to "L" shape cut around the window reveal and have approx half a tile around the bottom of the window. Is it just a matter of preference or is there a correct way for this as both window and bath are focal points. Thanks and any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
A band of decorative tile half way up the walls will often allow a bit of backing and filling in the lay out.

You dont want 1/4 tiles anywhere - no tile course to be less than 1/2 tile min. and 1/2 tile is best avoided.

Set a datum line around the room (and a height of bath tub line), and plumb centre lines on each wall. The datum and plumb lines can be moved to suit.

Hi and thanks for your reply. Agree a decorative border would be the answer to my problem but the wife is set on not having a border. I've been scratching my head on this for a while now and either way I look at it I'm going to have a cut tile around the bath or bottom of window reveal ( wall face ). Bearing in mind my tiles are 250 mm tall, I'm inclined to go for half a tile around the bath and approx half along the wall face of the window reveal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back